Author Topic: Mouse Pointers  (Read 5020 times)

David Graser

• View Profile
Mouse Pointers
« on: January 09, 2018, 07:51:11 am »
I make this set of mouse pointers a few years ago.  I revised and made them bigger since I am using a small notebook.  I think some people will like this set.  It is different.  It has now become my standard mouse pointer.

I would have liked to have made them even bigger.  However, ArcaOS limits the size to 32x32.  I tried 40x40 and it doesn't work correctly at 40x40.  It reverts to 32x32.

David
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 08:11:30 am by David Graser »

Eugene Tucker

• View Profile
Re: Mouse Pointers
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 11:12:15 am »
I wish to take time and thank you for all the eye candy you have created. It is very good.

David Graser

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 05:22:39 pm »
I wish to take time and thank you for all the eye candy you have created. It is very good.

Eugene, thanks for the encouragement.  My wife took my computer away from me around 5 years ago and I just started back doing things.  I needed WIFI and as a result had to use my wife's Mac computer during this time.  I just followed world news on the internet while waiting for WIFI.  Then I heard about ArcaOS and said to myself, I am tired of waiting, I am going to get it.  It is like a breath of fresh air to me.  Believe me, the Mac may be good, but it is not my favorite system, although I do prefer it over Windows.  I have forgotten a lot.  I look at some of my earlier work and I can't remember how I did it.  So everything I do, I am having to relearn.  I try to do my little part to help our community.  I recognize a lot of names from my past involvement; great people and a good community to work with.  As Martin and others are trying to learn how to make device drivers, if everyone tried to just a little something in their own way, it would be like a ripple effect.  That's what great about the forums.  Contributions based on what they know.  Anyway, it is great to be back.

David

David Graser

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 06:25:50 pm »
The ArcaOS group may want to consider giving ArcaOS the ability to use both 32x32 and 40x40 ptrs.  The computer screens are getting bigger and as a result the mouse objects are getting smaller and smaller.  At my job, we had to get the Windows software installers to enable tails (industrial software that we the end users can't customize ourselves) because we use multiple screens and nobody could find the pointers due to their small size.

David

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2018, 06:53:02 pm »
You probably should open an enhancement ticket. The ArcaOS people seem to be busy, without much time to read this and a ticket won't be so easily forgotten.

Doug Bissett

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2018, 06:56:23 pm »
The ArcaOS group may want to consider giving ArcaOS the ability to use both 32x32 and 40x40 ptrs.

The group has more important things to worry about, but they may appreciate it if somebody can make it work, and contribute it to the project. Perhaps, open an incident in the bug tracker, so they know what you are working on, but start with the pointers, as available in System Setup-> Mouse. There are already larger pointers available, as well as different colors.