Author Topic: USB 10.221 is out  (Read 524 times)

Lars

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 26
    • View Profile
USB 10.221 is out
« on: February 06, 2018, 09:58:53 pm »
http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/download/pub/os2/system/drivers/misc/usbdrv221.zip

It contains fixes to USBD.SYS and more importantly the completely updated USBAUDIO package to support higher sample rates and bit resolutions.

ivan

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 24
    • View Profile
Re: USB 10.221 is out
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 08:37:47 pm »
Thank you Lars, I now have sound on several of my computers using a USB adapter.

One question, since you are the expert on USB drivers, is it possible to update the USBKBD.SYS to work with the extra keys on many new USB keyboards?  I have an old no name PS/2 that allows the use of those keys but non of the USB keyboards have any response (the keycodes don't appear in the programs I used to get them for the PS/2 keyboard.

Lars

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 26
    • View Profile
Re: USB 10.221 is out
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 04:35:47 pm »
Thank you Lars, I now have sound on several of my computers using a USB adapter.

One question, since you are the expert on USB drivers, is it possible to update the USBKBD.SYS to work with the extra keys on many new USB keyboards?  I have an old no name PS/2 that allows the use of those keys but non of the USB keyboards have any response (the keycodes don't appear in the programs I used to get them for the PS/2 keyboard.

Being called the "expert" is always a minefield  :)

Yes it would be possible for sure. Unfortunately, the HID spec (the specific spec for human input USB devices) is complex compared to the other specs and then I don't have the HW knowledge as to what special keys generate what scancodes. I would have to go through trial and error and I don't have the time for that.
There is some code and definitions currently commented out of USBKBD.SYS (don't know why. I did not touch that). Maybe it's worth putting that back in and giving it a try ...