Author Topic: Yet another eCS 1.2-fix by users  (Read 4868 times)

xynixme

Yet another eCS 1.2-fix by users
« on: January 22, 2018, 07:20:38 pm »
Assuming a default install, as usual, with an original copy of UniAud:

x:\MMOS2\UNIMIX.EXE requires LIBC04.DLL, which is missing.

Installing a copy of LIBC04.DLL in e.g. x:\ECS\DLL or x:\MMOS2\DLL will result in a different fatal error message, but at least its text is better than the originally reported missing system DLL.

Eugene Tucker

• View Profile
Re: Yet another eCS 1.2-fix by users
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 02:13:39 am »
Well judging by the lack of support and information and the sad delay of ECS 2.2. I am not surprised you had to fix it yourself. They do not respond to anyone anymore and I gave up on them a long time ago and went with Arca OS.

xynixme

Re: Yet another eCS 1.2-fix by users
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2019, 07:05:40 pm »
The app SYSEDOS2_12.ZIP crashes, because an OS2.INI file entry is (possibly intentionally) missing.

I'll attach a different SYSEDOS2.EXE which uses OS/2 to try to find Win-OS/2, instead of using Win-OS/2 to find OS/2. I cannot reproduce the old *.EXE easily and it's a quick & dirty fix, so it'll be safer to edit OS2.INI. Application PM_INSTALL, (new) key WINOS2_LOCATION. The attached EXE uses the value of SET WIN3DIR in x:\AUTOEXEC.BAT. Append one extra character to this value.

Or, in case this simple app crashes with an error related to Win-OS/2 INI files: try to use the Rexx code below, without checks and without deleting the new OS2.INI file setting afterwards:

Code: [Select]
/**/
CALL RxFuncAdd 'SysBootDrive','RexxUtil','SysBootDrive'
CALL RxFuncAdd 'SysIni','RexxUtil','SysIni'

source=SysBootDrive()||'\AUTOEXEC.BAT'
DO WHILE Lines(source)>0
   line=Translate(Strip(LineIn(source)))
   IF Left(line,12)='SET WIN3DIR=' THEN DO
      PARSE VAR line 1 . 13 winos2 .
      IF winos2<>'' THEN CALL SysIni 'USER','PM_INSTALL','WINOS2_LOCATION',Strip(winos2)||D2C(0)
   END
END
CALL LineOut source
EXIT

Please note I didn't check if OS/2 ever used to save the location of Win-OS/2 in OS2.INI. This is just a way to rescue an app, and of course you can delete the OS2.INI file setting (or restore an OS2.INI file) when done.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 07:12:28 pm by AndrĂ© Heldoorn »