Author Topic: OS2VOICE RPM Server  (Read 12 times)

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 272
  • -Receive: 52
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
OS2VOICE RPM Server
« on: Today at 02:27:01 pm »
Hi

I talked with Roderick about his idea of having a RPM repository for OS2VOICE that will include OS/2 software (freeware/shareware new and old).  Roderick just gave a condition that he will not host any software that violate any regulation such as copyright laws (The server is located in the Netherlands and Dutch laws applies).

I found it interesting to have a different way to present software to the community in a way that can be downloaded and installed as simple as possible. I also think that the Netlabs RPM repository should not be used for all kind of OS/2 software, so I think it is a good idea to have a different server for it.  But I also think we need more resources on how the community can help creating RPM packaged for their favorite OS/2 software. For the moment I have personally failed creating my first package, but it is something that I need to try harder. But more samples, tutorials and specific information on how to create RPM packaged will be welcome.

So please let me know if you would like to sign in for the OS2VOICE RPM idea (and help with some RPM packaged) and if there are any doubts or things that need to be defined.

If you dislike RPM and don't want to help at all, there is no need to reply.

Regards

Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.