Author Topic: USB 10.221 is out  (Read 5385 times)

Lars

• View Profile
USB 10.221 is out
« on: February 06, 2018, 09:58:53 pm »
http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/download/pub/os2/system/drivers/misc/usbdrv221.zip

It contains fixes to USBD.SYS and more importantly the completely updated USBAUDIO package to support higher sample rates and bit resolutions.

ivan

• View Profile
Re: USB 10.221 is out
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 08:37:47 pm »
Thank you Lars, I now have sound on several of my computers using a USB adapter.

One question, since you are the expert on USB drivers, is it possible to update the USBKBD.SYS to work with the extra keys on many new USB keyboards?  I have an old no name PS/2 that allows the use of those keys but non of the USB keyboards have any response (the keycodes don't appear in the programs I used to get them for the PS/2 keyboard.

Lars

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 04:35:47 pm »
Thank you Lars, I now have sound on several of my computers using a USB adapter.

One question, since you are the expert on USB drivers, is it possible to update the USBKBD.SYS to work with the extra keys on many new USB keyboards?  I have an old no name PS/2 that allows the use of those keys but non of the USB keyboards have any response (the keycodes don't appear in the programs I used to get them for the PS/2 keyboard.

Being called the "expert" is always a minefield  :)

Yes it would be possible for sure. Unfortunately, the HID spec (the specific spec for human input USB devices) is complex compared to the other specs and then I don't have the HW knowledge as to what special keys generate what scancodes. I would have to go through trial and error and I don't have the time for that.
There is some code and definitions currently commented out of USBKBD.SYS (don't know why. I did not touch that). Maybe it's worth putting that back in and giving it a try ...

R.M. Klippstein

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2018, 11:27:54 pm »
Hi Lars, First of all "Thanks Big TIME" for developing your USB sound drivers. when installing on AMD machines and using Uniaud some AMD boxes "lock up" using uniaud32.sys. The solution is to install your USB sound drivers. I've installed them on two different AMD boxes using ArcaOS-5.0.1-16 And 5.0.2. Now I've just did another install on a AMD 8 core box, ArcaOS 5.0.2 and during boot it "craps" out saying: USBMouse and USBkb are not compatible with this HID driver. I'm locked out of using the system as I have no mouse or keyboard to try and figure out whats causing this. Possibly, are there newer versions of the Human Interface Driver? Any ideas what might be the problem?

Thanks for any help,  klipp

R.M. Klippstein

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2018, 07:48:04 pm »
Hey Lars, Ignor this problem, I screwed up installing! USBAudio works fine when installed correctly. Thanks again for all your fine work.

klipp