OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Setup & Installation

UEFI & SecureBoot?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Neil Waldhauer:
I struggled with a UEFI system (IBM X Series) server, and eCS 2.2 beta simply does not recognize the SATA hardware. It fails even in compatibility mode with

OS2AHCI driver version 1.29
Found AHCI device: Intel PCH AHCI (8086:3b22) class: 010601 bus: 0
devfunc 0xfa
OS2AHCI: couldn't register [MM]IO region: (rc = RMRC_RES_ALREADY_CLAIMED)
No adapters found.

Michaelhz:
This message normally applies when DANIS506 has already occupied the adapter (see OS2AHCI's RMRC_RES_ALREADY_CLAIMED message). Changing the boot sequence (1st: OS2AHCI, 2nd: DANIS506) should work.

If not, consider opening a ticket in http://svn.ecomstation.nl/ahci

jdeb:

--- Quote from: Sigurd Fastenrath on July 30, 2013, 04:56:39 pm ---For the records:

I just got a new X230t from Lenovo with 8 GB Ram, i7 and so on. There is still the option to disable Secure Boot and UEFI in the BIOS, a least to emulate the "Legacy" BIOS.

While eCS 2.2 latest beta failed installation several times because of complaining about the HDD (where the eCS 2.2 demo while booting does not), it worked quite well once I installed it using the Clone method and DFSEE.

It may be worth a try for those trying to install eCS 2.2 on modern hardware if "usual" installation fails to create a clone of a working system and restore it on the new hardware. This will be shown in Cologne in November as mentioned. This is safe and time saving (takes about 5 to 10 minutes).

This allways worked for me.

--- End quote ---

Are their any license issue's doing it that way? Just curious. Additionally, what about those who can not attend Cologne? Is their any documentation on doing it, I thought I read it somewhere but it escapes me at the moment?

Neil Waldhauer:

--- Quote from: Michael Holzapfel on July 30, 2013, 07:14:11 pm ---This message normally applies when DANIS506 has already occupied the adapter (see OS2AHCI's RMRC_RES_ALREADY_CLAIMED message). Changing the boot sequence (1st: OS2AHCI, 2nd: DANIS506) should work.

If not, consider opening a ticket in http://svn.ecomstation.nl/ahci

--- End quote ---

I don't have to change the boot sequence -- that is the default. It's probably futile to open a ticket because I no longer have access to the hardware. The strength of a forum over the ticketing system is that the forum is indexed, so in the future someone could find my comment. I try to do both, with a pointer to the ticket in the forum.

Andy Willis:

--- Quote from: Neil Waldhauer on July 30, 2013, 05:19:31 pm ---I struggled with a UEFI system (IBM X Series) server, and eCS 2.2 beta simply does not recognize the SATA hardware. It fails even in compatibility mode with

--- End quote ---
Which model of X-series?  I run one old one that has SCSI drives but another slightly newer one (still rather old) will not work with SAS drives.  I haven't got one with actual SATA drives to test.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version