Author Topic: OS/2, software and books on eBay  (Read 33046 times)

dbanet

Re: OS/2, software and books on eBay
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2014, 01:34:35 am »
This is my personal opinion, but it is also very frustrating that Eugene can not clearly express himself in English, when he write something I don't understand like the 80% of what he means.
Martin, to be honest, this is not a language barrier. Well, it is, but that's not the real problem.

It is really hard to understand him even in Russian for me (and I'm a native Russian speaker), so there's something wrong really deeper...

Neil Waldhauer

• View Profile
    • Blonde Guy
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2014, 05:29:34 am »
I'd like to point out that the items I wanted to sell are gone, and the OS/2 museum has found a home. Very little was thrown out. Also, for anyone who wants to clean house, there is still a healthy demand for OS/2 items on eBay.
Expert consulting for ArcaOS, OS/2 and eComStation
http://www.blondeguy.com

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2014, 04:47:34 pm »
Hi Neil

Can you give me some information about the "OS/2 museum"? Who is running it now?
I didn't get it of you give all this stuff (http://www.blondeguy.com/OS2MuseumWest.html) to other OS/2 Museum, or if you still have it.

Regards.
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

Neil Waldhauer

• View Profile
    • Blonde Guy
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2014, 05:10:10 am »
I have revised the OS/2 Museum West webpage to make it clearer that the museum collection is safe, and the new location and curator are also named. Some few items are still in California with me.

I simply did not have space for such a fine collection, and a volunteer stepped forward. I hope to make some of the items available for display this year at Warpstock.

I sold off the duplicate parts of the collection to pay for housing, moving, boxes and other supplies. The licenses for the various items are credited to their individual donors, so I think the whole collection is legal.
Expert consulting for ArcaOS, OS/2 and eComStation
http://www.blondeguy.com

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2014, 02:49:33 pm »
Hi Neil.

It is an excellent collection.

I'm trying to get my hands on a scanned copies of "OS/2 Developer" and "OS/2 Professional" to start looking for OS/2 development articles and request permission from their authors to repost them at EDM/2 wiki.  If anybody by change has those scanned, please let me know.

Regards
Martin
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.