OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - General > Events

Firefox problem, was Re: IRC speakup with BWW this Saturday (3 of March)!

<< < (2/7) > >>

Dave Yeo:
What type of errors in popuplog.os2?

roberto:
The last days of popup.log

Dave Yeo:

--- Quote from: roberto on March 03, 2018, 10:24:49 pm ---The last days of popup.log

--- End quote ---

I think it is something like the stack getting clobbered due to a bad crash and all the exception handlers crash, so a cascade of crashes.

--- Quote from: roberto on March 03, 2018, 09:33:00 pm ---Well, I recently had problems with firefox 38.8.0, and now firefox 45.5.0 works much better
Lately I have had many errors in the popuplog.os2
It gives me the feeling that if the initial start is good, it does not give me any error. Everything is perfect today.
 The question is how to know if the boot is good.?
Even the error of videos that made me turn off and turn on the Wi-Fi constantly disappeared.
saludos

--- End quote ---

You're saying this happens upon boot?
How many programs do you have in your startup folder? Perhaps try moving them all to a different folder and start them manually and see if that helps.

roberto:

--- Quote from: Dave Yeo on March 04, 2018, 06:57:38 am ---I think it is something like the stack getting clobbered due to a bad crash and all the exception handlers crash, so a cascade of crashes.

--- End quote ---
Yes, that is, cascade of crashes.

--- Quote ---You're saying this happens upon boot?

--- End quote ---
I can not do tests now, because I'm doing a macro backup, which will last me one or two days.
I'm still not sure it's at the start, the problem.
The other option is not to start firefox38 at all.
And the third option is an adjustment in the rar program that I can not believe influences. (-w c: \ var \ tmp)

--- Quote ---How many programs do you have in your startup folder? Perhaps try moving them all to a different folder and start them manually and see if that helps.

--- End quote ---
I only have  in startup folder, CAD,SAMBA clien, tcpip,usbprt, xcenter y move the cups daemon to other folder.
Saludos

Neil Waldhauer:
Thanks, Dave. That is my problem. Lars shows other problems like that.

Years ago, I tried to get Scott Garfinkle to commit his queue interface fixes. If the system queue table exceeds 64K, the kernel simply overwrites whatever is there. Allocate more than 3000 queues, and you can write anything on the kernel you want.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version