Author Topic: Installing eCS 2.1 on the laptop  (Read 6435 times)

warp

Installing eCS 2.1 on the laptop
« on: July 31, 2013, 04:14:35 pm »
I tried to install eCS 2.1 on my laptop, but after the first reboot, I got the following error message:

"SYS1475: the file OS2BOOT cannot be found.
SYS2027004C:FFFF"

I tried the 100 Gbyte and the 40 Gbyte hard disk. The error message is the same.

So I decide to try eCS 1.2 and the installation went well. Afterwards, I did the migration to eCS 2.1.

Unfortunately, I have only the HPFS file system.

It is a kind of unexpected error message on hardware of year 2003. I would like to open a ticket on ecomstation.com

warp

Re: Installing eCS 2.1 on the laptop
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013, 05:21:04 pm »
The file OS2BOOT is stored on the hard disk. It is located in the C:\ path.

I connected the 40 Gbyte hard disk through the USB interface and I inspected the partition.

The file OS2BOOT is present, the point is that, after the first reboot, the system cannot find it!

I tried to install eCS 2.1 on my laptop, but after the first reboot, I got the following error message:

"SYS1475: the file OS2BOOT cannot be found.
SYS2027004C:FFFF"

I tried the 100 Gbyte and the 40 Gbyte hard disk. The error message is the same.

So I decide to try eCS 1.2 and the installation went well. Afterwards, I did the migration to eCS 2.1.

Unfortunately, I have only the HPFS file system.

It is a kind of unexpected error message on hardware of year 2003. I would like to open a ticket on ecomstation.com

G. M. Anchieri

• View Profile
Re: Installing eCS 2.1 on the laptop
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 02:32:47 pm »
Please control if your  volume label contain one or more space in it. This is a error that I have meet installing many version of eCS. It is possible restart the second phase directly from the disk (i.e. C: ) to continue the installation of the OS.