Author Topic: Test build wpa_supplicant v2.7 - v2.10-devel  (Read 32532 times)

Andi B.

• View Profile
Re: Test build wpa_supplicant v2.7
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2020, 07:35:28 pm »
If updated wpa_supplicant to the current code base in the official repository. This is not a release version but the current development state for the next official 2.10 build (v2.10-devel). I've tested this version with the latest XWLAN and also with the included QT gui frontend.

https://bitbucket.org/Andi_B/os-2-wpa_supplicant/downloads/

Please don't share direct links to the full filename but to the directory above.

Holger Schuett

• View Profile
Re: Test build wpa_supplicant v2.7 - v2.10-devel
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2020, 08:40:18 am »
Hi Andi,
tested here starting the supplicant by .conf file (which is the usual way for me to do). Works well without any apparent problems. The wpa_gui works too. I will test using xwlan too and post the results here.

Thank you for all your efforts

Holger

Holger Schuett

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2020, 10:24:55 am »
Hi Andi,

works well with xwlan (widget) too, the connection seems to be more stable than before.

Holger

Andi B.

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2020, 12:51:51 pm »
Thanks for testing and reporting. I don't see any problem here too with the new build. But I didn't test all the improvements and extensions which are made upstreams. This build does have a few more compile options enabled. But I guess these are only relevant for people who have newer drivers with more features then we do.

Doug Bissett

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2020, 05:08:34 pm »
I gave it a quick try, last night (too late to report). The Supplicant seems to work well. XWLAN still gives me trouble, but it is usable.

Andi B.

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2020, 07:38:08 pm »
Once again I updated to the latest sources from the official git repository. It's still a development version.
Code: [Select]
wpa_supplicant v2.10-devel (OS/2, Dec 20 2020 18:50:55, AB)No clue when Jouni wants to make the official 2.10 version.

Be aware these build needs latest openssl and libc libraries from bww/netlabs rpm. Some workarounds in older version could be cleaned up this way.

It works on one of my machines. But as I don't use wireless very much these days it has only limited testing here.

If you like to test it get it from the usual place - https://bitbucket.org/Andi_B/os-2-wpa_supplicant/downloads/. Again, don't post direct links to files inside this directory.

There were a lot of changes made in a lot of files. Honestly I've no clue if we can use all these new features or if they are only available with more advanced driver interfaces than ours. The genmac interface and the l2_packet handling may limit some functionality on our platform. But I tried to compile with standard .config as much as possible.

As usual you can replace the supplicant coming with xwlan with this version. Or you can play with wpa_gui.exe and wpa_supplicant.conf.

Andi B.

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2021, 11:56:13 am »
Updated again to current development sources (July 2021). https://bitbucket.org/Andi_B/os-2-wpa_supplicant/downloads/.

Unfortunately bitbucket has changed and no more can be used with our Seamonkey :-(. Had to install simplebrowser for uploading.

Andi B.

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2022, 05:49:08 pm »
Official v2.10 for other platforms is out for a while now. I started to port it to OS/2 immediately after it was released. There are a lot of changes but I think no really important things for us compared to my latest release. Anyway I wanted to make this official release available for us too. But there is a problem which I stuck currently so I can't say if or when I can finish 2.10 release. Problem is the current code needs a lot of time to establish a wpa2 secured connection here. Definitely longer then with my previous release. Sometimes it seems it takes forever. I'm currently stuck with this problem.

I've done a lot of ifdefs for IPv6 code. Although there is a compiler switch for IPv6 these were missing. It seems on other platforms they can't imagine that there are still platforms out there without IPv6 support. Although my current code compiles fine this 'long time to connect' problem drives me crazy. No clue if it's a problem with our genmac driver or some porting issue. Anyway if anyone wants to play with the code and help to debug (reading and interpreting wpa_supplicant debug messages) drop me a mail. I'll update the source code at my bitbucket git repository. But there are some test code which needs to cleaned up once the connection problem is solved before making a release. This is just to keep you informed.

Edit - can't upload to bitbucket anymore -
Code: [Select]
remote: Bitbucket Cloud recently stopped supporting account passwords for Git authentication.
remote: See our community post for more details: https://atlassian.community/t5/x/x/ba-p/1948231
remote: App passwords are recommended for most use cases and can be created in your Personal settings:
remote: https://bitbucket.org/account/settings/app-passwords/
fatal: Authentication failed for 'https://xxxxxx@bitbucket.org/Andi_B/os-2-wpa_supplicant/'

Tried to setup a ssh key. But it's not possible to add the public key at bitbucket.org with our browsers :-(

Edit2 - uploaded current code to https://sourceforge.net/projects/wpa-supplicant/
« Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 07:39:56 pm by Andi B. »

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2022, 07:22:48 pm »
Yea, Bitbucket has really gone down hill since Atlassian bought them out. I was trying to upload binaries of the Mozilla apps, uploaded Firefox and then trying to upload SM, I started getting permission denied errors.
Might move to Sourceforge, as it seems the only site that works with our old browsers. Even Bitbucket I have to use the SimpleBrowser to use.

Andi B.

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2022, 07:41:59 pm »
Yes did the same in the meantime - https://sourceforge.net/projects/wpa-supplicant/

Seems bitbucket locked us out since March 1. I've problems with ssh to sourceforge too. But https still works there. At least from command line. SmartGit doesn't work :-(

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2022, 06:00:52 am »
Yea, Bitbucket seems a write off now. Did you have any problems doing your account?
I screwed up my original account, enabled 2 factor using my phone to get a number, then the phone died and I hadn't backed up the security code so that account is dead. Seems, according Sourceforge support there is no way to recover.
Trying to create a new account today, needed a different email as they wouldn't let me use my regular Gmail one as my other account uses it.
After finally creating an account, figured I'd start out by transferring cc-os2, got a popup about phone verification needed, didn't correctly display in our old browser. Used the SimpleBrowser to do it, entered my phone number and waited for the SMS pin, never showed up, wouldn't let me do anything while waiting.
Created a repository at Github and imported it. Tried to do a git push to Github, doesn't accept passwords over HTTPS anymore, figured out the one time password thing, still didn't work. Back to Sourceforge which did allow me to import the repository from Github and upload a build of Thunderbird, trying to push my latest commits fails with "fatal: repository https://sourceforge.net/projects/cc-os2/ not found"
Getting to old to fight with this crap, even though Sourceforge probably just needs time to finish enabling pushing.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2022, 12:08:44 am by Dave Yeo »

Andi B.

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2022, 01:21:15 pm »
I never activated two factor authentication so no problem. Only issue at sourceforge is I have to use git from command line. SmartGit don't work. At least I cant get our ancient version to work. When pushing from cli I've to type the password at command line. Link https://username:password@sourceforge... does not honor the password. Pushing via SSH doesn't work for me too. Some /nonexistant/known.sites (?) error. No clue if it's our ssh or my setup. I've never used ssh before so probably the problem is my missing knowledge.

It took a while until sourceforge showed up my content. Your cc-os2 looks fine.  At least to my not very experienced eyes ;-). I see the 'seamonkey-2.42.9esr_Pentium4_20220111.en-US.os2.zip' build. Is this the stable one with inline nss*? I'm still using your SeaMonkey/2.42.9esr Build-Identifikator: 20190520220003 cause this is the most stable here.

Edit - should have read your comment first before posting.

Btw. sometimes I'm very pissed off from all these pseudo-security nonsense with tons of javascript and redirection to foreign sites. Just renewed my ArcaOS subscription and was pleased to see that you can simply pay with credit card by using your basic card data and click pay. Here in Europe you've all these crappy, expensive 3 way authentication now. Name, number, expiration date, security number, link to other site, even more secure-secure-secure password, and finally a sms tan. Stupidly complex. Payment can be so simple without all these overkill.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2022, 01:37:13 pm by Andi B. »

Doug Bissett

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2022, 06:38:37 pm »
Btw. sometimes I'm very pissed off from all these pseudo-security nonsense with tons of javascript and redirection to foreign sites. Just renewed my ArcaOS subscription and was pleased to see that you can simply pay with credit card by using your basic card data and click pay. Here in Europe you've all these crappy, expensive 3 way authentication now. Name, number, expiration date, security number, link to other site, even more secure-secure-secure password, and finally a sms tan. Stupidly complex. Payment can be so simple without all these overkill.

"Security", today, is 99% in the user's mind, and 1% effective. All it does is make people feel that various companies are actually trying to protect them. I suspect that Arca Noae will need to change their payment authentication, one of these days, or they will be cut off as being a hazard. Unfortunately, nobody seems interested in actually doing something about the real problem. Those few people, that they do bother to track down, are given a slap on the wrist, and they are back doing their dirty work again a day later. Of course, Microsoft, Alphabet (Google), and Apple, (not to mention governments) are allowed to spy on everything that you do, and that software support is used by the bad guys too. Anybody who thinks a public VPN stops any of that, is dreaming in technicolor. Firewalls are a little more effective, but trying to get one right is almost impossible, and many of the sites that need to be blocked are tied to other sites that you don't want to block.

It's all because somebody let Microsoft write software.

Andreas Schnellbacher

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2022, 06:56:53 pm »
Download from the cc-os2 page works. Thanks to both of you Dave and Andi.

Dave, your link to that contains a trailing doublequote char. Otherwise it's the same.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2022, 07:17:17 pm by Andreas Schnellbacher »

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2022, 12:17:26 am »
Download from the cc-os2 page works. Thanks to both of you Dave and Andi.

Dave, your link to that contains a trailing doublequote char. Otherwise it's the same.

I see that, and now fixed, though it wasn't meant as a link but rather a copy & paste of the error message :)
Found the correct URL to push to by looking at the clone address, then had errors about a expired certificate, which was fixed by updating to the git in netlabs-exp. Pushed the recent changes successfully so everything is fine. Now to cleanup and transfer the Firefox repository.
Should look at and test the wpa_supplicant too.