Author Topic: AcpiDaemon start  (Read 7836 times)

David Graser

• View Profile
Re: AcpiDaemon start
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2024, 01:56:18 pm »
I agree with you. No one else has stated that Firefox or seamonkey was crashing for no apparent reason. As stated earlier, it could depend on the hardware.  I have installed ArcaOS multiple times on my laptop, and every time after,  Firefox would start crashing for no apparent reason. I was having to go to windows more often for internet.  It has only been two days, but so far no crashes.  I will continue to see what happens.  I need to see what happens in the next weeks.  I would say this is a tip for anyone that might be having the same problem to try.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2024, 02:21:49 pm by David Graser »

Roderick Klein

• View Profile
Re: AcpiDaemon start
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2024, 04:28:44 pm »
I agree with you. No one else has stated that Firefox or seamonkey was crashing for no apparent reason. As stated earlier, it could depend on the hardware.  I have installed ArcaOS multiple times on my laptop, and every time after,  Firefox would start crashing for no apparent reason. I was having to go to windows more often for internet.  It has only been two days, but so far no crashes.  I will continue to see what happens.  I need to see what happens in the next weeks.  I would say this is a tip for anyone that might be having the same problem to try.

The problem is that there can be so many factors on a PC that can trigger something, depending on the speed of the system. Moving one driver in the config.sys can alter memory layout.
Changing some BIOS settings can alter speed.

Roderick