Author Topic: David's Doodles  (Read 209349 times)

Andi B.

• View Profile
Re: David's Doodles
« Reply #315 on: January 27, 2024, 01:52:53 pm »
I was wondering if the 4OS2 developer would like to change the old 4OS2 icons.

I think the original icon is still delivered with 4os2 packages. Locally I've it changed a bit, but... Do you think we should pack additional ones together?

I don't know if the developer would accept that, but I want to give it a try.

We need an icon like the original one in ICO format with all it's different (currently 5) resolutions. You may have discovered that the 4os2 icon in xcenter looks different then on the desktop. So I know the 2 are needed at least. Don't know about the ogher three though. See picture. Anyway the user can choice which icon he uses. Packing a few png in addition shouldn't be a big problem. But what would be the benefit? I mean everyone can take another icon maybe the pngs from here and attach it to his objects anyway. And not everyone does have/like .png icons installed.

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #316 on: January 27, 2024, 05:05:45 pm »
Hello Andi B.

We need an icon like the original one in ICO format with all it's different (currently 5) resolutions. You may have discovered that the 4os2 icon in xcenter looks different then on the desktop. So I know the 2 are needed at least. Don't know about the ogher three though. See picture. Anyway the user can choice which icon he uses. Packing a few png in addition shouldn't be a big problem. But what would be the benefit? I mean everyone can take another icon maybe the pngs from here and attach it to his objects anyway. And not everyone does have/like .png icons installed.

Yes, I noticed that the smaller size icon in .ico format is needed. I want to play a little bit with it and make a zip file with the PNG and ICO format.
I haven't yet submitted anything to the developer, I just think that the 4OS2 project and ArcaOS can benefit to improve these icons (in a very little way), since the 4OS2 icons looks "out of tune" with the rest. The word "JP" no longer means something, not sure what SE represents, the icon does to represent a shell, etc.

But in the end if the developer doesn't want it, that's it.

Regards
« Last Edit: January 27, 2024, 05:16:58 pm by Martin Iturbide »
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

David Graser

• View Profile
« Reply #317 on: January 27, 2024, 10:06:20 pm »
I was playing around with a new os2 bitmap icon. Working with os2 bitmaps is not easy.

The red NL in the icon stands for Netlabs.  This is just a doogle to be used or not used,
« Last Edit: January 27, 2024, 10:20:19 pm by David Graser »

Andi B.

• View Profile
« Reply #318 on: January 28, 2024, 11:39:25 am »
But in the end if the developer doesn't want it, that's it.
There are only a few of them and if one of them thinks it's worth the effort and has nothing better to do:-).

Seriously the current repo is at github. There are the last fixes from Steven. As our browsers don't work there I can't see much. But I'm pretty sure issues are still tracked here - https://trac.netlabs.org/4os2.

Oh just saw your ticket. Maybe you've start reading here - http://4os2.netlabs.org/en/site/index.xml

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #319 on: January 28, 2024, 07:29:14 pm »
Paul's Qt6 builds of Dooble still work at Github, the Qt5 ones mostly did until recently when the code stopped rendering. There are issues but it is usable by mousing over the odd element that doesn't display.

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #320 on: January 31, 2024, 01:51:12 am »
Hello

I will post these icons in a ticket to see if they gave some interest to the developer.

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.