Author Topic: David's Doodles  (Read 194347 times)

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
Re: David's Doodles
« Reply #75 on: August 04, 2019, 04:00:53 pm »
Hi David.

I was checking your animated pointers (ecs_animated_cursors.zip, ecs_os2_ani_blinkinglights_ptrs.zip, ecs_os2_ani_flag_ptrs.zip, eCS_OS2_Ani_Mouse_Ptrs.zip, more_ecs_ani_mouse_ptrs.zip) on hobbes.

1) I was wondering how do you assign the icon (the ones that shows on the desktop) to the ani file. Some ani files shows the icon file, and some others not. Do you assign manually, and the EA is included on the zip file?

2) Will it make sense to combine those five packages (do you have any more?) in a single file in hobbes, and upload it to "/pub/multimedia/pointer/animated". I can help with that.

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

David Graser

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 04, 2019, 04:36:16 pm »
Hi David.

I was checking your animated pointers (ecs_animated_cursors.zip, ecs_os2_ani_blinkinglights_ptrs.zip, ecs_os2_ani_flag_ptrs.zip, eCS_OS2_Ani_Mouse_Ptrs.zip, more_ecs_ani_mouse_ptrs.zip) on hobbes.

1) I was wondering how do you assign the icon (the ones that shows on the desktop) to the ani file. Some ani files shows the icon file, and some others not. Do you assign manually, and the EA is included on the zip file?

2) Will it make sense to combine those five packages (do you have any more?) in a single file in hobbes, and upload it to "/pub/multimedia/pointer/animated". I can help with that.

Regards
Hi Martin

It has been a while.  Some are done the OS/2 way and some are done the Win95 way if I remember correctly.  Presently, I don't have it installed.  The latest supposedly corrected version of animated mouse pointer was dated 2010.  I tried it with ArcoOS and it would hang my system every now and then.  Also, it did not support the Win95 animated pointers which the original did. The fixed version has disappeared (2010).  Now that I have 3 ArcaOS partitions up and running, I will have to try the original version again. 

It has been so long that I really don't remember.  The os/2 versions, you need to select the folder.  The Win95, if I remember correctly, and I could wrong, should be shown in the pointer selections.  I will need to install the original when I have time.

The only other animated pointers are the new ones I posted under this list.  As for the ones on Hobbes, I never uploaded one big package with all the pointers.  If you want to put them into one package, that is fine with me.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 06:03:32 pm by David Graser »

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #77 on: August 05, 2019, 05:59:14 am »
Hi David,

I'm reorganizing the pointers this way by consolidating the four zip files, it is still draft but this is the idea.

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster

xynixme

« Reply #78 on: August 05, 2019, 07:51:48 pm »
Not an *.ICO file request, but a doodle in text. KMP, K Movie Player: the Korean flag, as a 3-D film frame of a 3-D Movies folder'ishr-icon, with and without the folder. IIRC the Korean flag also was a little bit too detailed to make that work, even if you did restrict yourself to a smallest size of 40x40.

It was. A quick & dirty (2-D) redo confirms it'll look like JMP or like a Japanese ribbon. Too... many... details. :-\

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #79 on: August 05, 2019, 11:22:55 pm »
Hi

I think I'm uploading this version to hobbes.

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster

xynixme

« Reply #80 on: August 09, 2019, 08:59:46 am »
FWIW, a file rename: detree.ICO -> deltree.ICO

David Graser

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 19, 2019, 04:20:58 am »
Made a few more OS/2 icons and updated the package.

David Graser

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 19, 2019, 05:00:19 am »
My PNG icon doodles in one package.  Not all icons are pictured.

---
« Last Edit: January 02, 2024, 01:03:31 am by Martin Iturbide »

xynixme

« Reply #83 on: August 19, 2019, 03:26:43 pm »
PRIX3M80.PNG (renamed to Chiffres80.PNG) and GALGJE.PNG (renamed to Galgje80.PNG) are now distributed as the "official" 80x80 icons of the matching games Des chiffres and Galgje. Des chiffres had a different own 40x40 icon, but there the availability of a 80x80 version and a more generic 80x80 style was leading.

xynixme

« Reply #84 on: August 19, 2019, 03:32:01 pm »
My PNG icon doodles in one package.  Not all icons are pictured.
FWIW/ The PNG package contains 3 *.ICO files (QUESTER.ICO, QUESTER_80.ICO and a DOSBox-related TEST.ICO).

David Graser

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 19, 2019, 08:24:40 pm »
That is what happens when one has doodles scattered over several partitions and thumb drives.  :)

David Graser

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 23, 2019, 06:02:27 pm »
I thought I had upload these OS/2 icons I had done over the years, but checking I had not. I included some pics of some of the folders, but not all the folders.  These are primarily done in 8 and 24 bit icons.  Again, there may be a few duplicate icons.

---
« Last Edit: January 02, 2024, 01:03:55 am by Martin Iturbide »

xynixme

« Reply #87 on: August 23, 2019, 09:27:48 pm »
FWIW: here just about 37 duplicates, and missing dots in the file names "DOCUMENTS2ICO" and "INFO7ICO".
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 09:31:10 pm by André Heldoorn »

xynixme

« Reply #88 on: August 26, 2019, 11:26:14 pm »
Grand Prix Circuit (GPEGA.EXE)

"Solved". There was an unexpected but recognizable 32x32 OS/2 icon file in its directory, which is slightly better than a default DOS session icon.

xynixme

« Reply #89 on: August 27, 2019, 09:57:34 pm »
DataPerfect (DP.COM)

"Solved". https://dataperfect.nl/files has a 32x32 Windows icon file, which would probably look better as a 40x40 icon with a slightly larger text "DP", using the same italic blue font of WP5*.ICO OS/2 icon files.

The attached file is DP.ICO, converted to a 32x32 OS/2 icon. Apparently DataPerfect itself is freeware: https://winworldpc.com/product/dataperfect/2x.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 10:05:27 pm by André Heldoorn »