Author Topic: Firefox and Traps  (Read 54816 times)

David Graser

• View Profile
Re: Firefox and Traps
« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2018, 09:33:12 pm »
Hello Ben
Hello Pete

I uploaded the latest beta version (April 2018) of BS_Info.

www.bausys.ch\files\bs_info_2_1_beta.wpi

Rolf

I was having problems with the program coming up.  I tested until I found the problem.  The program does not like XIT26.  When I close XIT26, it comes up fine.  This is the only program so far that has done this.  I now just terminate XIT until I am finished with your program.

David
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 09:40:52 pm by David Graser »

Rolf

« Reply #61 on: April 14, 2018, 11:01:22 am »
Hi Ben
can not find any problems.
The files are from April 13, 2018 and the title says "BS_Info v2.1 beta (13 Apr 2018)". In BS_Info.txt you will find information and email address. Start the program with the parameter -debug and send me BS_Info.err

Ben

« Reply #62 on: April 14, 2018, 05:39:19 pm »

I downloaded it again, Rolf and it still shows Nov. 2017.

I read the BS_info.txt and it says on the very first line; "BS_Info  v2.1 beta (04.Nov.2017)"; cut and pasted.

ivan

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2018, 12:53:23 am »
Hi Ben,

Are you downloading from the link Rolf gave?  I just downloaded it again from that link and the first line of the info text gives  BS_Info  v2.1 beta (13. April 2018)  The Info page of the program also gives that information.

On the other hand if you used the link Pete gave it will give you the older version.

Ben

« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2018, 01:29:56 am »
The links are identical, Ivan.

Maybe my ISP is caching the file.

Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2018, 06:06:28 am »
Hi Ben

Have you tried clearing browser cache before a fresh download?

Regards

Pete

Ben

« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2018, 03:34:01 pm »
I just downloaded it again on a different machine altogether using the link from Rolf, and it still gives me the November 2017 version when installed on different machine.

Can someone who has the correct version, (April 2018), change the name of it slightly and make it available to me in a message or whatever?

The only conclusion is that tmy ISP is caching the old file. Strange though, I haven't seen anything like that in years... with an ISP that is.

Just to be clear, I have downloaded that file on two different OS/2 machines and one Windows machine using different browsers, always with the same problem.

ivan

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 15, 2018, 03:43:35 pm »
Hi Ben, send me an e-mail to iv4an7jt at free dot fr  (remove numbers) and I will send it to you, it is too large to be an attachment here.

Dariusz Piatkowski

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 15, 2018, 05:14:40 pm »
Hi Ben,

...If I have duplicate dlls on my system they are well hidden; is there a program that can search for duplicate DLLs? Whichdll only tells you which dll is loaded as the name declares...

I see BS_Info has been brought up, an alternative is a really simple scan utility called 'dupfind.cmd', here is the link to Hobbes (http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/download/pub/os2/util/system/dupfind-v1.1.zip).

You could do something like this @ CLI: 'dupfind drive: *.dll', this would look for duplicate DLLs only on your 'drive:', where of course 'drive:' is replaced by your boot drive, so c:, maybe d: or as in my case g:, I hope this is self-explanatory.

I used this handy util with great success to simplify my move from the home-grown DLL management environment to YUM/RPM driven one.

Andreas Schnellbacher

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 15, 2018, 08:31:39 pm »
an alternative is a really simple scan utility called 'dupfind.cmd', here is the link to Hobbes (http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/download/pub/os2/util/system/dupfind-v1.1.zip).

Dariusz, note that David's utility Dupfinder is more recommendable.

Rene Hvidsoe

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2018, 07:49:29 pm »
Hi all,

Just saw the refreshed version of Firefox 45.9.0 has just been released.

https://github.com/bitwiseworks/mozilla-os2/releases/tag/FIREFOX_45_9_0esr_RELEASE_OS2_GA1_1

Downloading right now.

Cheers

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 20, 2018, 01:12:24 am »
Make sure to update libc and libcx if you haven't yet. They've both been moved from exp to the regular repository.

Rene Hvidsoe

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 20, 2018, 06:22:48 am »
Hi David,

I have done that. As I always read the the info to install to make sure I have all prereq. It seems to handle things better and is more responsive.

Ben

« Reply #73 on: May 01, 2018, 05:37:20 pm »
Hello again.

For those who have been following this thread I am writing this message from my server machine utilizing the latest version of Firefox; problem found!

It turns out some missing MMOS2 lines in my CONFIG.SYS was the culprit. Given that I do not use sound or have it installed on this system, that's interesting. I had the MMOS2 lines in the path statements, but apparently that is not enough. But whatever the case maybe, I'm just glad to have driven a stake through the heart of the last problem on this system.

Anyway, now if someone bumps into this problem they will have this to go on.

Thanks for everyone who contributed... and "yes" all versions of Firefox old and new now work.

Dariusz Piatkowski

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 01, 2018, 07:40:58 pm »
Hey Ben!

Hello again.

For those who have been following this thread I am writing this message from my server machine utilizing the latest version of Firefox; problem found!

It turns out some missing MMOS2 lines in my CONFIG.SYS was the culprit....

Alright...c'mon now, don't hold back on us like that... ;D

What was missing?