OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Applications

eco essentials

(1/3) > >>

David Graser:
I have trouble formattitng every one of the new USB drives I have recently bought.   I could not get  could them formatted.

I then found eCo Essentials with its USB stick format utility.  This  program works great.  It makes it easy to format an USB drive.  Essentials also comes with some other utilities.  These other utilities  look for the "PCI.exe" where it would be located on eComstation.  To make them work,  I just make the directories to where it expects to fine the files.  I then copied the

sys\install\detect\pci.exe

and other files to the

to the newly created directories

ecs\install\detetei

These now work great.  This utility was well worth my $20 dollars.  I can't thank the developers enough and am well pleased.  My usb drives were useless with ArcaOS until I found this jewel.

Davis

Martin Iturbide:
Hi David.

I haven't used that application. I used DFSee to format some FAT32 flash drives.

Maybe some new chapter can be included on this article:
https://www.os2world.com/wiki/index.php/Prepare_the_FAT32_USB_Flash_Drive

Any other ways to format USB drives are also welcome :)

Regards

David Graser:

--- Quote from: Martin Iturbide on March 28, 2018, 12:05:49 am ---Hi David.

I haven't used that application. I used DFSee to format some FAT32 flash drives.

Maybe some new chapter can be included on this article:
https://www.os2world.com/wiki/index.php/Prepare_the_FAT32_USB_Flash_Drive

Any other ways to format USB drives are also welcome :)

Regards

--- End quote ---

I have tried DFSee and Windows.  Under Windows, the drive was also wanting to install encription software.   DFSee is not that intuitive,  Look at how easy the interface looks for the USB format utility in Essentials and it works.

Used FAT32.IFS version 0.10 r338.

Andy Willis:
I generally just use the command line:
format x: /fs:fat32
pmformat also works for GUI.

David Graser:
Andy,

These USB drives would not format fat32 under ArcaOS.  When formatted, the format would say complete, but when I would go to access these drives, the drives were not formatted.   This was with Fat32 beta 331.  I am now using FAT beta 336.

Under Windows, these drives would not format unless you gave the drives a security password and then the drives would format.  However, ArcaOS could not access the drives because the security software did not work under ArcaOS.

All I know is now I can now format these drives, the little  program works, and its easy.  My problem was only with USB removable drives, not internal hard drives.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version