Author Topic: Seamonkey Calendar - google CalDAV 'Modification failed'  (Read 8123 times)

Andi B.

• View Profile
Seamonkey Calendar - google CalDAV 'Modification failed'
« on: April 15, 2019, 06:19:53 pm »
I'm trying to synchronize my Seamonkey Calendar with google. Fetching entries works but I can not create a new event and synchronize to google.

I know how to setup and it works for me with SM running under Windoze. But can't get it to work with our OS/2 builds.

Has anyone ever successfully installed google calendar CalDAV synchronization? Any hints?

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
Re: Seamonkey Calendar - google CalDAV 'Modification failed'
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 04:03:36 am »
Wonder if something changed at Google. What version of Provider for Google Calendar is installed on the Windows version of SeaMonkey?

Andy Willis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 04:42:34 am »
I was just able to create and sync a calendar entry successfully from Seamonkey calendar to google calendar.

Andi B.

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 08:37:19 am »
I was just able to create and sync a calendar entry successfully from Seamonkey calendar to google calendar.

Thanks that's the information I wanted to hear. So basically it works with our SM. I now have to find why it's not working for me. For Win I use Provider für Google Kalender 0.25. I think I use the same with my OS/2 boxes but have to check at evening. Andy, what version do you use?

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2019, 04:24:58 pm »
0.25 shouldn't work. From Provider for Google Calendar 3.3 (SM 2.49)
NOTE FOR 0.31 AND 0.25 USERS
After a previous announcement, Google has shut down the v1 API on November 17th, 2014. Version 0.32 and 0.25 have been using this API. As a result, those versions will no longer work and you MUST upgrade to 1.0.x to continue using the Provider for Google Calendar.

Andi B.

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2019, 05:21:31 pm »
I read that too. But it's 0.25 from 22. Mai 2015 which is installed here on this Win Box. And it works. There's also installed Lightning 5.4 on this SM 2.49.2

Andi B.

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2019, 08:20:12 pm »
I now found out that I always tried to connect to the google calendar with the SM integrated CalDAV or ICAL mechanism. This works on Win but with our SM only in one direction - fetching is okay but not sending something.

To use the 'Provider for Google Calender' you need to select the 4 line in the Format options when creating a new calendar called 'Google Kalender'. Not ICS or CalDAV. This way it works. Something I never thought of or maybe tested years ago without success and forgot.