OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Internet

Firefox - 45.9.0 for OS/2 GA1.1...anyone...anyone???

<< < (2/22) > >>

Andreas Schnellbacher:

--- Quote from: Matt Walsh on April 20, 2018, 04:52:37 pm ---The 7 zip format is a pain as simple minded me can't figure out how to unzip 7Z files.  What a pain.

--- End quote ---
No problem: 7z.exe x -o<dest_dir> <7z_file>

You may also want to add the option -y to assume Yes on all queries.

With ArcaOS, you also have the option to use the OEM version of Zippy. (Don't remember its name on ArcaOS.) Using .7z here is reasonable due to the download size and time.

Doug Clark:
I am trying to install the RPM_REQUIREMENTS and received this error message

I ran yum install hunspell-1.6.2-1.oc00.i686

and received this message
-----------------------

Installing : hunspell-1.6.2-1.oc00.i686                                   1/2
  Installing : hunspell-en-US-0.20140811.1-1.oc00.noarch                    2/2

Rpmdb checksum is invalid: dCDPT(pkg checksums): hunspell-en-US.noarch 0:0.20140811.1-1.oc00 - u

--------------------

I have received this "Rpmdb checksum is invalid:... " message a number of times when trying to install other packages - for example when installing the required packages for VLC 3.0.1

I assume  "checksum invalid" is not a good thing.

Dariusz Piatkowski:
Doug,

--- Quote from: Doug Clark on April 20, 2018, 08:52:55 pm ---I am trying to install the RPM_REQUIREMENTS and received this error message
I have received this "Rpmdb checksum is invalid:... " message a number of times when trying to install other packages - for example when installing the required packages for VLC 3.0.1

I assume  "checksum invalid" is not a good thing.

--- End quote ---

Actually, as it happens I'm seeing this at command line as well, and it is known NOT to be a problem, meaning, the RPM packge should have installed successfully.

On the other hand, if you install through the ANPM app it will handle this error/warning message and you will not see it.

Andreas Schnellbacher:

--- Quote from: Doug Clark on April 20, 2018, 08:52:55 pm ---Rpmdb checksum is invalid: dCDPT(pkg checksums)

--- End quote ---
That message can be ignored. See here: http://trac.netlabs.org/rpm/ticket/117

BTW: It is filtered out in ANPM.

Greg Pringle:
0042_01.TRP

Dies on XUL

All "required" elements are loaded.

This note is being written with 45.9.0.2

Seems the developers must be old IBM guys. They would write great programs with terrible installers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version