Author Topic: Moylan's FTP site - trouble?  (Read 6072 times)

Ben

Moylan's FTP site - trouble?
« on: June 07, 2018, 02:57:59 pm »
I have been trying to connect to Peter Moylan's FTP site using nFTP.

While I can ping and "connect" to the site no data is returned, the connection is broken, 120 seconds later a retry is attempted.

I tried this using Firefox and it cannot connect either; Can anyone connect to this site:
ftp.pmoylan.org or pmoylan.duckdns.org.

Ben

Re: Moylan's FTP site - trouble?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 03:13:22 pm »
In fact, now that I look at it, I haven't received a message from either his Weasel or his FTP Server mailing lists since late last year.

Is he still around?

Olafur Gunnlaugsson

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 05:01:35 pm »
In fact, now that I look at it, I haven't received a message from either his Weasel or his FTP Server mailing lists since late last year.

Is he still around?

He released a new version of weasel just a few days ago

Ian Manners

• Global Moderator
  • I am the computer, it is me.
    • View Profile
    • ComKal Networks Australia
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2018, 06:50:08 pm »
Peter is still around though busy with many things. I remember Peter said he was off somewhere and I think he said he would be back next week (or there abouts). Internet in Australia is rather patchy these days, so his connection may have dropped out.

Though.. my connection is up and my traffic is about 1/5 of what it normally is over the past week, and I note that to reach Europe my connection now goes from Perth, across to Melbourne, Sydney, USA West coast, USA East coast, then over to Europe.. Perth to Singapore Undersea cable(s) down more than up lately.

Voice hosts the Weasel list (weasel-list), the last email I've received was Wednesday this week.

send an email to MajorMajor@os2voice.org with the word HELP in the email body
Cheers
Ian B Manners

Ben

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2018, 01:40:25 pm »
OK. I guess that somehow I got dropped from his mailings lists.

I vaguely recall something Peter said months back about having trouble with this old mailing list files.

I believe that I will have to resubscribe.

Thanks.