Author Topic: Building a Dooble RPM  (Read 13347 times)

Mike Kölling

• View Profile
Re: Building a Dooble RPM
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2023, 10:08:04 am »
Is anyone interested in the rpm's? Not sure yet how they would co-exist with any future Bitwise releases, perhaps just releasing the zip would be fine.

At the moment the zip files are fine for me. However I would like to give the RPMs a try (out of curiosity).
By the way, your latest dooble build (QT5 version) is starting fast and the start page (in my case DuckDuckGo) is loading without problems.

Greetings,
Mike

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2023, 05:43:17 am »
Here's my try at an rpm (actually includes the dbg one too). https://c.gmx.com/@744346040190108571/Uatmhxp_S_-YR9AMwll-nQ

Mike Kölling

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2023, 04:52:34 pm »
Here's my try at an rpm (actually includes the dbg one too). https://c.gmx.com/@744346040190108571/Uatmhxp_S_-YR9AMwll-nQ

Installation went well from command line "yum install dooble-2023.04.20-1.oc00.pentium4.rpm".
Using the ANPM installation from file failed with no indication what was wrong.
I'm typing now from the new rpm installation.

Greetings from Potsdam / Germany
Mike

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2023, 06:21:54 pm »
Interesting, it installed fine here using ANPM.

Mike Kölling

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2023, 09:38:43 am »

I tried an install on my second machine using ANPM today. This time it runs almost fine. It installed the executable, it created the folder with the objects.
However it stated also the following error message at the end:

ERROR: wps-object: Could not create an object with ID <BWW_dooble_README_OS2> and specification "WPShadow|README_OS2|<BWW_dooble_FOLDER>|SHADOWID=D:\usr\share\doc\dooble-2023.04.20\README-os2.txt".

ERROR: wps-object: Could not create an object with ID <BWW_dooble_CHANGES_OS2> and specification "WPShadow|CHANGES_OS2|<BWW_dooble_FOLDER>|SHADOWID=D:\usr\share\doc\dooble-2023.04.20\CHANGES-os2.txt".

Rpmdb checksum is invalid: dCDPT(pkg checksums): dooble.pentium4 0:2023.04.20-1.oc00 - u

Greetings,
Mike

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2023, 05:24:43 am »
Yes, I can duplicate this. Not sure of the best solution. Remove the old objects and create new after testing for their existence? Just don't create them seems simplest.

Lars

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2023, 12:26:03 pm »

I tried an install on my second machine using ANPM today. This time it runs almost fine. It installed the executable, it created the folder with the objects.
However it stated also the following error message at the end:

ERROR: wps-object: Could not create an object with ID <BWW_dooble_README_OS2> and specification "WPShadow|README_OS2|<BWW_dooble_FOLDER>|SHADOWID=D:\usr\share\doc\dooble-2023.04.20\README-os2.txt".

ERROR: wps-object: Could not create an object with ID <BWW_dooble_CHANGES_OS2> and specification "WPShadow|CHANGES_OS2|<BWW_dooble_FOLDER>|SHADOWID=D:\usr\share\doc\dooble-2023.04.20\CHANGES-os2.txt".

Rpmdb checksum is invalid: dCDPT(pkg checksums): dooble.pentium4 0:2023.04.20-1.oc00 - u

Greetings,
Mike

The error message likely wants to say that no folder with object id = <BWW_dooble_FOLDER> exists at the point in time where the shadow objects are to be created (in that folder).

Did/Does there exist a folder with object id = <BWW_dooble_FOLDER> when the Dooble RPM is installed ? If that folder is created by the Dooble RPM, is that folder created BEFORE these shadow objects are created ?

My personal experience is that it is a better choice to always newly create an object (even if it already exists) instead of updating it.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2023, 12:28:56 pm by Lars »

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2023, 05:26:18 pm »
It does look like it deletes it first, if working correctly. In my case I had a shadow of the program object in the xcentre which may have interfered, have to experiment on a different install.
The code, which I never touched
Code: [Select]
%if 0%{?os2_version}
%global wps_folder_title Dooble

%post -e
if [ "$1" -ge 1 ]; then # (upon update)
    %wps_object_delete_all
fi
%global wps_app_title Dooble
%bww_folder -t %{wps_folder_title}
%bww_app -f %{_bindir}/%{name}.exe -t %{wps_app_title} -i ${name}.ico
%bww_app_shadow
%bww_readme -f %_defaultdocdir/%{name}-%{version}/README
%bww_license -f %_defaultlicensedir/%{name}-%{version}/LICENSE
%bww_file TODO -f %_defaultdocdir/%{name}-%{version}/TO-DO
#%bww_file README_OS2 -f %_defaultdocdir/%{name}-%{version}/README-os2.txt
#%bww_file CHANGES_OS2 -f %_defaultdocdir/%{name}-%{version}/CHANGES-os2.txt

%postun
if [ "$1" -eq 0 ]; then # (upon removal)
    %wps_object_delete_all
fi
%endif