OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Programming

Alternatives to compiling Rust in Firefox port OS/2

<< < (11/16) > >>

Paul Smedley:

--- Quote from: Dave Yeo on May 14, 2021, 05:37:48 am ---'tis weird, this worked the other day, today I'm getting the

--- Code: ---Error! E2026: redefinition of reserved symbol _edata
Error! E2026: redefinition of reserved symbol __edata
Error! E2026: redefinition of reserved symbol _end
Error! E2026: redefinition of reserved symbol __end

--- End code ---

--- End quote ---

Removing libend 'fixes' the linking - but I get a SIGILL trying to run the resulting executable...

Dave Yeo:
Perhaps rebuild libend with those symbols commented out?
I tried but I seem to be missing the ml assembler and building all fails due to missing demangle.h
Looking, it seems they're reserved symbols when the option DOSSEG is specified. Where it is getting specified, I'm not sure unless it is automatic when making an executable. It is possible to override the segment ordering, only recommended for embedded applications without an OS. The segments probably should be ordered in a specific order. Search for DOSSEG in the Open Watcom Linker guide.
Looking at the emxomfld source, I can't quite figure out the whole list of options being passed and why linking OMF doesn't cause the same error.

Paul Smedley:
Hey Dave,

--- Quote from: Dave Yeo on May 14, 2021, 06:43:16 am ---Perhaps rebuild libend with those symbols commented out?
I tried but I seem to be missing the ml assembler and building all fails due to missing demangle.h
Looking, it seems they're reserved symbols when the option DOSSEG is specified. Where it is getting specified, I'm not sure unless it is automatic when making an executable. It is possible to override the segment ordering, only recommended for embedded applications without an OS. The segments probably should be ordered in a specific order. Search for DOSSEG in the Open Watcom Linker guide.
Looking at the emxomfld source, I can't quite figure out the whole list of options being passed and why linking OMF doesn't cause the same error.

--- End quote ---

Yeah I tried rebuilding libend with those symbols commented out - it now links but I get the same SIGILL as if I just remove libend.

I think I was confused when I thought it was working the other day - my hello.lnk had helloworld.obj in it - which was an OMF version of the object file :(

Dave Yeo:

--- Quote from: Paul Smedley on May 14, 2021, 07:06:54 am ---Yeah I tried rebuilding libend with those symbols commented out - it now links but I get the same SIGILL as if I just remove libend.
--- End quote ---

Might be a problem with the section ordering

--- Quote ---I think I was confused when I thought it was working the other day - my hello.lnk had helloworld.obj in it - which was an OMF version of the object file :(

--- End quote ---

I must have made the same mistake :) Today I fixed your hello.lnk as I had lost my original test after a reboot (ram disk) and then got the error.
Need a compiler expert who understands all these segments and stuff.

Paul Smedley:
Hey Dave,

--- Quote from: Dave Yeo on May 14, 2021, 08:04:37 am ---Need a compiler expert who understands all these segments and stuff.

--- End quote ---

That rules me out then :P

Cheers,

Paul

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version