Author Topic: Rsync vs NetDrive  (Read 5465 times)

Neil Waldhauer

• View Profile
    • Blonde Guy
Rsync vs NetDrive
« on: May 13, 2018, 05:12:12 pm »
I have two computers on a network. Several key directories on the server are replicated to the client using rsync, which seems to be successful.

I also have the computers connected via NetDrive. I have Peter Moylan's FTP Server on the server and NetDrive's client mapping the Server's FTP onto a drive letter on the client.

On the server, I have a folder with a title and real name that are different. This seems to move fine with the rsync software. I think the title is stored in the Extended Attributes. I can look locally on the client, and that is fine. But if I look at the server drive using NetDrive, I do not see the title. Is that because the title is an Extended Attribute which is not a part of the FTP service NetDrive can offer?

To show what is going on, see the attached screen shot. The right is the client's local drive, and the left is the server drive mounted through NetDrive FTP.
Expert consulting for ArcaOS, OS/2 and eComStation
http://www.blondeguy.com

ivan

• View Profile
Re: Rsync vs NetDrive
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2018, 06:58:58 pm »
What do you see if you use a different FTP client (jftp for example)?

Andreas Schnellbacher

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2018, 07:01:21 pm »
Not an answer, but an addition about XWP: XWP displays the .LONGNAME EA, if it exists, in a folder view. In the status bar, the real filename is displayed.

I've no idea, why apparently the .LONGNAME EA of the selected file gets corrupted.

Valery Sedletski

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2018, 10:51:26 pm »
FC/2 displays .LONGNAME EA's too, BTW, so you can see "alternative" name too

roberto

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2018, 03:49:53 pm »
The truth is that I have no idea, but it catches my attention that on the screen on the left it shows you a different icon, as if it had been saved by the pmview. So maybe the pmview has failed to save or create the icon.Check the pmview ver.
saludos