Author Topic: xcenter PULSE-cpu - how to recover it?  (Read 8490 times)

roberto

• View Profile
xcenter PULSE-cpu - how to recover it?
« on: June 12, 2018, 10:09:20 pm »
The problem is that I have deleted the graphic of the program pulse-cpu, and now I can not put it back. Without this application the laptop barely works for a few minutes and because of the excessive heat it blocks. The fact is that it does not let me select it from the menu. How can I recover it?
Saludos

ivan

• View Profile
Re: xcenter PULSE-cpu - how to recover it?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 01:59:36 am »
I assume this is an xcenter widget of some sort. If so where did you download it from and can you re-download and install it again?

Regarding the heat problem from the CPU have you considered cleaning out the cooling system because that sort of heat build up is usually caused by a buildup of fluff and garbage on the heat pipe radiators.  Removing the back of the laptop and applying a brush and compresses air to the cooling radiators should restore normal working - don't forget to check the cooling fan is also clean and running before replacing the back of the unit.

roberto

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 10:11:23 am »
I assume this is an xcenter widget of some sort.
Yes, it is a widget
If so where did you download it from and can you re-download and install it again?
I have this application installed on the arcaos, by default. Can I download it from somewhere? Or I should look for it in the installation CD
Regarding the heat problem from the CPU have you considered cleaning out the cooling system....
About 6 or 7 months ago, change the fan, apply new thermal paste and thoroughly clean the refrigeration. And also with the os4 kernel works without problems.
Saludos

Neil Waldhauer

• View Profile
    • Blonde Guy
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 03:46:15 pm »
I assume this is an xcenter widget of some sort.
Yes, it is a widget
If so where did you download it from and can you re-download and install it again?
I have this application installed on the arcaos, by default. Can I download it from somewhere? Or I should look for it in the installation CD

From the context menu of the XCenter, select Create new widget->Pulse (cpu load)

You can get a context menu on the XCenter by right clicking on a non-button part of the bar. I use the right-border, but any non-button part works.

I doubt any widget plays a part in keeping the system going.
Expert consulting for ArcaOS, OS/2 and eComStation
http://www.blondeguy.com

David Graser

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2018, 05:05:00 pm »
I believe this  pulse widget is built into the xwp's dll file.  Try installing XWP again.  The latest XWP beta is pretty stable.  If a widget is selected for the Xcenter and is not found, the system can become unable. 
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 05:09:26 pm by David Graser »

roberto

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2018, 07:57:39 pm »
Neil - That's the first thing I try, but I do not have that option as selectable.
The pulse widget, I'm 100% sure that affects the system.
What is not turning out to be anything simple is to return to its initial position.
David - I have installed a recent version of the xwp, and the default values are not overwritten. I'm the same as at the beginning.
Saludos

David Graser

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2018, 09:28:05 pm »
Use Warpin to uninstall  XWP,  If the WPS does not restart, restart the WPS.  Then go to the sys\apps directory and delete the XWP folder if it is still there.  Now reinstall and see what happens.

roberto

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2018, 10:38:21 pm »
Well this also fails, instead of deleting the folder xwps, I have renamed it from the start, with alt F1 and F2. And reinstalled the xwps with warpin with the os4 kernel. That by the way the os4 kernel, shows me an error with the status of the battery "E 3", but otherwise works very well.
saludos

David Graser

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2018, 12:10:57 am »
Well this also fails, instead of deleting the folder xwps, I have renamed it from the start, with alt F1 and F2. And reinstalled the xwps with warpin with the os4 kernel. That by the way the os4 kernel, shows me an error with the status of the battery "E 3", but otherwise works very well.
saludos

Same here using the OS4 kernel and the battery widget.

OS4User

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2018, 10:17:17 pm »
That by the way the os4 kernel, shows me an error with the status of the battery "E 3", but otherwise works very well.

OS/4 FAQ has been updated  with "E 3" issue.

xynixme

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2018, 07:58:20 am »
if one upgrades eCenter of eCS 1.x by using xCenter, large or small package, will e.g. the appearance of the "eButton" (eCS-button) change too? Or is it a seamless upgrade?