Author Topic: Java applications  (Read 258861 times)

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
Re: Java applications
« Reply #375 on: April 15, 2023, 05:08:22 pm »
Hi Joop

The Geogebra download link is not working: https://joopn.home.xs4all.nl/os2ecs/ecs6e33.htm
Sadly I was not able to find the GeoGebra-Unixlike-Installer-4.4.42.0.tar.gz file.
Website moved, versions are unclear if it will work with Java 6. Packages are split up to stand alone apps. Classic is still available, of course also higher version numbers. Have to think it over what to do, probably best is to upload my version, but have to see if this is allowed.
Hi.

I think you can copy GeoGebra for non commercial use, which will be ok on this case:
https://www.geogebra.org/license

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #376 on: April 15, 2023, 05:10:43 pm »
I can not also find JClic version that you have: https://joopn.home.xs4all.nl/os2ecs/ecs6e79.htm
JClic also has an other home, its still there, version just minor upgrade.
Hi

I found JClick 0.3.2.0 here:
https://github.com/projectestac/jclic/releases/tag/v0.3.2.0
Maybe you can update the link on the page.

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #377 on: April 15, 2023, 05:29:04 pm »
Hi Joop

SportsTracker (https://joopn.home.xs4all.nl/os2ecs/ecs6e102.htm) was moved from SourceForge to Github and sadly the older released got removed:

- https://github.com/ssaring/sportstracker

License is GPL v2, so if you can include the old 5.3.0 version on your site, that would be great.

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster

Joop

• View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 15, 2023, 08:07:35 pm »
Hi Joop

SportsTracker (https://joopn.home.xs4all.nl/os2ecs/ecs6e102.htm) was moved from SourceForge to Github and sadly the older released got removed:

- https://github.com/ssaring/sportstracker

License is GPL v2, so if you can include the old 5.3.0 version on your site, that would be great.

Regards
Because I'm working on a Rapsberry Pi 400 I have a higher version of Java. So I thought about a few upgrades, among them Sportstracker. Contacted the author, but that was a bad idea. He is now only supporting Windows and Apple with complete packages, that's inclusive Java in executable versions. Even if you download that you can't unwrap the stuff. He was very unfriendly and won't support something else. I will see if I can fix it, I have to mind the space for my pages. Can I upload it to Hobbes? 

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #379 on: April 16, 2023, 02:59:45 am »
Can I upload it to Hobbes?
Yes, Just send me a link (or post here if it is less than 5MB) and I can upload it to hobbes.

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster

Joop

• View Profile
« Reply #380 on: April 16, 2023, 06:26:29 pm »
Can I upload it to Hobbes?
Yes, Just send me a link (or post here if it is less than 5MB) and I can upload it to hobbes.

Regards
I have visited Hobbes and then the Java corner, there are already a lot of packages available. Is there an easy way I can download some kind of list in order to see whats missing and what need to be upgraded? Example Rachota is same version, but on my site it does also contain Dutch.
In Hobbes /pub/java/apps/misc you can find Data Crow 4.0.1 (2014-07-25), why not in /pub/java/apps/database/?
Regards

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #381 on: April 16, 2023, 08:20:20 pm »
Hi Joop

I had been reorganizing hobbes since 2021. On the last three weeks I had been reorgnizing the Java applications, and I had based the java uploads on your site.  I'm still missing to fully process Games, Educational and the Office category of your site. I don't have an easy way to generate a list from hobbes.

About "/pub/java/apps/dabase", I had moved the stuff that was originally there, because there were utilities to manage databases and are now on "/pub/java/util/database".

Thanks for letting me know about Rachota, I will check it out.

Regards

Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #382 on: April 19, 2023, 03:00:50 am »
Hi Joop

I also found on this page: https://joopn.home.xs4all.nl/os2ecs/ecs6e67.htm
You have the hp15c-eCS.zip link, but it is pointing the wrong link to https://joopn.home.xs4all.nl/os2ecs/download/finanx-eCS.zip
(easy fix)

Regards

Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster

Joop

• View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 22, 2023, 07:37:43 pm »
Thanks Martin, will look into it. I copy old to new and change a few things, something went wrong with this one. The strange thing is that I always test the stuff, probably this slipped through.
I have copied the Java stuff from Hobbes "Hobbes java apps.ods" and sort it alphabetic "Hobbes java apps alfabetisch.ods". I did it in LibreOffice Calc on my Raspberry Pi 400. So this is one step ahead.

Regards

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #384 on: April 23, 2023, 05:07:00 pm »
Hi Joop

I had completed the Java upload to hobbes today.
I'm only missing the latest working version of GeoGebra and SportsTracker. I can not found the older versions that worked on OS/2 (java 1.6) online.

Thanks a lot Joop, and let's continue to find out any other Java software that we may be missing.
If it is freeware/shareware/opensource/demo I will keep uploading those to hobbes.

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster

Joop

• View Profile
« Reply #385 on: May 03, 2023, 02:47:36 pm »
Hi Joop

I had completed the Java upload to hobbes today.
I'm only missing the latest working version of GeoGebra and SportsTracker. I can not found the older versions that worked on OS/2 (java 1.6) online.
Managed to get online for my homepage, hobbes and os2 world. So the important stuff is covered  8). I probably can upload above packages to Hobbes /pub/java, but can I also upload it strait to where it should be available or is only /pub/java available for "outsiders"?

Regards

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #386 on: May 03, 2023, 05:53:29 pm »
Hi Joop

If you want to upload files to hobbes, put the directory where you want to store it.
- Maybe SportTracker will be good to go "/pub/java/apps/misc" since there is not an specific category for it.
- Geogebra, I think it should to go "/pub/java/apps/science/math", to keep the same structure as the /os2/ files.

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #387 on: May 03, 2023, 06:23:08 pm »
Hi Joop, you can only upload to /pub/incoming. You need to include a text file with the same name as the zip except .txt instead of .zip. README.TEMPLATE is the template for the text file, seems to have gone missing from /pub/incoming so attached.

Joop

• View Profile
« Reply #388 on: May 03, 2023, 06:56:31 pm »
Hi Joop

If you want to upload files to hobbes, put the directory where you want to store it.
- Maybe SportTracker will be good to go "/pub/java/apps/misc" since there is not an specific category for it.
- Geogebra, I think it should to go "/pub/java/apps/science/math", to keep the same structure as the /os2/ files.

Regards
Tried, but it don't  go. I use NFTP, but no files are send and I do have the directory of Hobbes /pub/java/apps/misc in one part of the program visible. Password or so stuff?

Joop

• View Profile
« Reply #389 on: May 03, 2023, 06:59:16 pm »
Hi Joop, you can only upload to /pub/incoming. You need to include a text file with the same name as the zip except .txt instead of .zip. README.TEMPLATE is the template for the text file, seems to have gone missing from /pub/incoming so attached.
Thanks Dave, there is a page with some information how to, but all directories and files in that particular page do give errors or you get the message that the file can't be found. So also for README.TEMPLATE. I going to try again.

Regards