Author Topic: ArcaOS - OS/2 keyboard shortcuts.  (Read 14183 times)

Gregg Young

• View Profile
Re: ArcaOS - OS/2 keyboard shortcuts.
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2018, 12:45:35 am »
I am updating Gotcha! (screen capture utility). It now can be run in the background. It captures all the Print screen key combos.
Print screen & Shift Print Screen send the screen, a screen region, a window or a window interior to a file (selected or a default name)
Ctrl print screen does the same except sends the image to the clipboard
Alt Print Screen opens the setting.

It still needs some final design decisions and the documentation needs updating but it should be ready in the not to distant future.

Rich Walsh

• ONU! (OS/2 is NOT Unix!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2018, 04:37:41 pm »
I am updating Gotcha! (screen capture utility).

Gregg's done a great job of transforming a poorly designed app into an alternate version he calls Gotcha-Quiet that "just works". No unnecessary windows cluttering your Desktop, no pointless popups - just press PrintScrn and it captures whatever you set as your default (window, screen, etc).

If you need change what's captured (say, an area of the screen rather than a window), just press Alt-PrintScrn to bring up its Settings. There you can press a button to do the kind of capture you need on a one-off basis, or you can change any of the defaults (capture type, directory they're saved in, etc.).

It's a vast improvement. Kudos to Gregg!

BTW... if you're a fan of bad design, the original version is still available. Gregg's made improvements to that one too.

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2018, 05:24:27 pm »
Hi.

It is good to know we are going to have a new version of Gotcha soon.

Returning to the main subject of shortcuts, if someone can provide me feedback if "Ctrl+Shift+F1" works on ArcaOS, please let me know. From my side I think it does not work anymore. It just take it as "Shift" on the IFX boot and "Shift" on the desktop boot for the "ArcaOS Panic Desktop".

Does anybody knows a way to produce a trap that can easily reverted? I want to try the "Ctrl+Alt+Num Lock (Twice)" on a VM with a virtual floppy to see if it still works.

Regards

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

Andy Willis

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2018, 02:22:20 am »
Hi.

It is good to know we are going to have a new version of Gotcha soon.

Returning to the main subject of shortcuts, if someone can provide me feedback if "Ctrl+Shift+F1" works on ArcaOS, please let me know. From my side I think it does not work anymore. It just take it as "Shift" on the IFX boot and "Shift" on the desktop boot for the "ArcaOS Panic Desktop".

Does anybody knows a way to produce a trap that can easily reverted? I want to try the "Ctrl+Alt+Num Lock (Twice)" on a VM with a virtual floppy to see if it still works.

Regards

Regards

Ctrl, left Shift on WPS start prevents the startup folder from running.  As I recall, that is overridden when xworkplace is installed and instead is replaced by the Desktop Panic you mention above.  By default, xworkplace-lite is installed and thus by default the Ctrl, left Shift, and F1 is overridden. 

I am not sure what you mean by "Does anybody knows a way to produce a trap that can easily reverted?".
Ctrl-alt-num-num or Ctrl-Alt-F10-F10 will produce a system dump.

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2018, 12:30:11 am »
I am not sure what you mean by "Does anybody knows a way to produce a trap that can easily reverted?".
Ctrl-alt-num-num or Ctrl-Alt-F10-F10 will produce a system dump.

I may be confused, I thought that this key was only available when you get a trap error. I will give it a try.

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.