Author Topic: bus master error  (Read 4649 times)

brick

bus master error
« on: July 11, 2018, 11:11:38 am »
I'm getting an error on a Warp 4.52 install on Dell e510. I updated the disks according to Alan Savage's workstation guide, but now get a bus master error after Disk 2.   What am I missing?

Pete

• View Profile
Re: bus master error
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 04:39:51 pm »
Hi

I do not know anything about the Dell e510 and I must admit am not familiar with Al Savages guide.

From the error message it looks like you are trying to load the IBM driver ibm1s506.add -and probably the ibmatapi.flt driver.

I suggest you change those for the DANIS506.ADD and DANIATAP.FLT drivers which are far more capable. Not sure if these are the latest but should work better than the IBM versions anyway
  http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/download/pub/os2/system/drivers/storage/danis506r187-daniatapi040-ecs12.zip

Unzip the danis506.add and daniatap.flt into the hard drive \os2\boot directory and edit the config.sys by changing the ibmis506.add and ibmatapi.flt lines to use the "danis" drivers - and REM the IBMIDECD.FLT line if it exists.

Regards

Pete

ivan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 05:09:39 pm »
If you are getting this during the reboot it indicates that you don't have the required 'copy from floppy' in the config.sys of disk 2 and as a consequence are trying to use the old IBM driver from the image files.

Roderick Klein

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 09:50:03 pm »
Well what is more imporant about your boot screen is kind of dead give away. The IDE driver is extremely outdated and the advise to use danis506.add/danatapi.flt is correct. What you see is that the CD player its controller is supported but the hard disc controllr is not. Try the danis506.add and daniatapi.flt as suggested.

Roderick Klein