WebSite Information > Article Discussions

Favorite OS/2 - ArcaOS - eCS Applications - 2018.

<< < (2/4) > >>

Martin Iturbide:
Hi

Between my Qt Favorites there are:
- QpdfView
- Taskbar

Regards

xynixme:

--- Quote ---You can mention native, ported, close source, open source, freeware, java, DOS, Win16 or even odinized applications.
--- End quote ---

NSFW. Not complete, including a few dupes, not always clear (OFF43NL.ZIP = MS Office 4.3), almost everything somehow in use, and so on. The last section, format "X - Y", is based on install scripts. Apps with an own Rexx install script may be missing.

No begging, please.

Digi:

* Thunderbird
* FF 38.8 (for sites that support it)
* FF 45.9 (very uncomfortable and slow)
* SAMBA server and client
* FreeRDP
* yEd (java application)
* PSI
* PM123
* PMView
* VNC server and client
* DVD/CD Toys
Server stuff: Weasel, FTPD (Moylan), bind (Smedley), PHP cli, icecast

xynixme:

--- Quote ---Between my Qt Favorites there are:
- QpdfView
- Taskbar

--- End quote ---

Unfortunately not that many new/updated Qt apps over here, because of the assumed Unix directory structures. The Great Divide/2. Directory structures of the original packages, most likely. Some of the OSes of the subject do have such a structure, and some don't. If not, then MKDIR should still work, but MKDIR won't solve a.o. disk full-errors (and e.g. matching BIOS restrictions).

QpdfView sounds like something worth having, votes +1, albeit I have no true favorites, but installing and using it is "not realistic" because it isn't OS/2'ified enough. Votes +1, users -1. A consequence of the respected freedom of choice, and OS/2'ification may be a lot of work.

The number of mentioned Qt apps is less than it could/should have been. With a Qt5-based browser, by users of eCS 2 DE/EN or newer, the difference would have been more clear. I do have QNetWalk (users +1), for example, but not the improved latest version "for Unix". As such Qt apps will be more popular than stats will show, including QpdfView. Hence votes +1.

Rolf:
Firefox 45.9 (very slow)
Thunderbird
Lotus SmartSuite
WDSibyl
Samba
OpenOffice
ClamAV

regards Rolf

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page