Author Topic: eCS 2.2 clone for X200t and X230t - Questions and observations  (Read 22475 times)

Doug Bissett

• View Profile
Re: eCS 2.2 clone for X200t and X230t - Questions and observations
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2013, 10:20:38 pm »
-> but what is working mostly is the sound with Youtube videos inside Firefox!

Interesting...

Looking at YouTube in Firefox, on my ThinkPad L530, the sound seems to be much clearer than "normal". I am still hearing some noise, that sounds like static on an old radio, but it is not repeating.

I am a little suspicious that the problem is caused by the Dolby support, but I don't know how to turn that off, or on (the settings don't seem to carry over from windows). It is possible that the YouTube videos are using some sort of Dolby support, or they may turn it off. A promising development, is that I can use the sound with Linux Mint 15 Cinnamon 64 (it actually sounds better than windows). Perhaps what we need, among other things, is an updated driver, based on the latest Linux code.

I got a mini Display port to HDMI adapter. It doesn't seem to do sound, even in windows (I may be missing something), and I haven't found a way to turn it on in eCS (video, or sound).

Good to hear that you got WiFi to go. Now, if we can convince some newer hardware to work, things will improve, but it looks like Multimac will be the answer.

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2013, 02:41:45 am »

-> but what is working mostly is the sound with Youtube videos inside Firefox!
-> in addition: when I play m3u Internet radio stream (starting in Firefox, opening than in PM123) it works better than before (but still repeating - but "only" for 2 or three times) BUT: as soon as I close Firefox the sound repeats in PM123 like before and is totally unusable (partly crash) -> still not really usable, but a small step

Is there a logical reason for this? May this help to find the problem?

Are you playing youtube videos with Flash or Webm? If Flash then I guess Odin is taking care of playing the sound. If Webm then IIRC it is using DART

Sigurd Fastenrath

• OS/2 Versus Hardware - Maximum Warp!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2013, 09:31:39 am »
Are you playing youtube videos with Flash or Webm? If Flash then I guess Odin is taking care of playing the sound. If Webm then IIRC it is using DART

I am using flash.

Sigurd Fastenrath

• OS/2 Versus Hardware - Maximum Warp!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2013, 10:03:49 am »
I will stop here for now and therefore attach a summary.
I hope this is usefull for someone. Have fun.

Important: ecomstation.ru is not allowed to use, link, publish or copy the attached file!