OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Programming

SIO, SIO2K

<< < (2/6) > >>

Martin Iturbide:
Hi

--- Quote from: OS4User on August 06, 2018, 08:27:27 am ---No need to work there  - just pickup the sources.

--- End quote ---

If it is just to pickup the source that is good. We need someone near Beckley, WV.

Regards

Neil Waldhauer:
I think Ray is probably correct that we need a little help getting it to assemble. Just the source code would be like getting the source code to SNAP graphics or for GenMac. Source code is not enough if you can't build.

The pickup guy probably needs to be conversant in OS/2 assembler. At least it sounds like a pretty place to visit.

Eugene Tucker:
West Virginia is a beautiful state. Especially if yo like mountains who ever goes out, check out the New River Bridge. and Hawks Nest.

Fahrvenugen:
As Neil said, I am guessing similar - if someone familiar with 386 assembler can meet with Ray for a period of time to learn what can be learned about the source, then this would be much more useful then just a bunch of code and having to guess at how to build it.

As a registered user of SIO, I still use it to this very day.  There continue to be things it can do which IBM's drivers can't.

Dave Yeo:
Well considering he is predicting several weeks of work, it seems that it would be more then setting up the build process. Possibly he wants to make sure that someone else understands the code though I think it might be likely something needs to be ripped out to make it GPL compatible and if that something is hidden in macros, it could take some knowledge.
Another option if there is something like DDK code in there might be a different license, which he might be fine with if it keeps his source open.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version