Author Topic: Acquiring 5.0.3  (Read 6521 times)

Paolo_Ricardo

Acquiring 5.0.3
« on: August 23, 2018, 01:22:47 am »
I have a current Personal Support and Maintenance subscription. Having looked at my account on the Arca Noae website I can't see any link allowing me to download the new 5.0.3 release. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Remy

• View Profile
Re: Acquiring 5.0.3
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2018, 02:31:50 am »
The link should be available under your initial ArcaOS licence.
You should find there a link to request the ArcaOS 5.0.3 build for download. Once it is build, you can download it

Not under personnal support an Maintenance subscription. 

R.M. Klippstein

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2018, 06:26:43 pm »
There were some problems with the original release,and prevented downloading. All is well now!
Tjis is explained on the ArcaNoae web site.
klipp
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 06:29:24 pm by R.M. Klippstein »

Paolo_Ricardo

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2018, 06:04:55 am »
The link should be available under your initial ArcaOS licence.
You should find there a link to request the ArcaOS 5.0.3 build for download. Once it is build, you can download it

Remy

Thanks. I've downloaded the .iso

Now in order to update ArcaOS do I have to totally reinstall it - or will the update selectively install those OS apps which have been updated?

What happens to all my other non-OS  programs - will they effectively get overwritttrn requiring reinstallation?

Thanks

Paul

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2018, 07:24:02 am »
You have to completely re-install it, overriding whatever you have already or to a different partition. Plan is for 5.1 to allow updating.
Really there is no need to update to the latest point release, just download which ever drivers have been updated and install those. The 5.0.3 is good for people having problems installing as that is what most of the fixes are for.

Paolo_Ricardo

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2018, 01:12:29 am »
Dave

Thanks. I do not wish to completely reinstall my set up. As I haven't had any problems with ArcaOS I'll wait for 5.1 and any significant upgrades that come along .

Paul