Author Topic: VmWare+SMP  (Read 3623 times)

Oleg V.Cat

VmWare+SMP
« on: September 27, 2018, 08:47:39 am »
I have Aurora with kernel 14.103_SMP (XR_C005) applied, under VmWare (5.0) and want put SMP feature to work... Any ideas? Only one working combination which i find, was OS/4 kernel (and looks very nice, it put my virtual SCSI into 'high interrapts mode'), but it really was very slow VDM eats 100% for all cores :(
I do not have legal version of ACPI.PSD. Will it work?

P.S. kernel 14.105_SMP works with os2apic.psd /apic for some seconds after starting WPS, looks like 'harder' version of problem, described with OS/4, i.e. all cores are completely 'eaten' by system...
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 03:43:00 pm by Oleg V.Cat »

OS4User

• View Profile
Re: VmWare+SMP
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 06:45:31 am »
I have Aurora with kernel 14.103_SMP (XR_C005) applied, under VmWare (5.0) and want put SMP feature to work... Any ideas? Only one working combination which i find, was OS/4 kernel (and looks very nice, it put my virtual SCSI into 'high interrapts mode'), but it really was very slow VDM eats 100% for all cores :(
I do not have legal version of ACPI.PSD. Will it work?

P.S. kernel 14.105_SMP works with os2apic.psd /apic for some seconds after starting WPS, looks like 'harder' version of problem, described with OS/4, i.e. all cores are completely 'eaten' by system...

Your question is not completely clear. You would better to come to irc://efnet/os2russian