Author Topic: Samba client error sys0050 The network request is not supported.  (Read 28074 times)

ivan

• View Profile
Re: Samba client error sys0050 The network request is not supported.
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2019, 01:13:04 am »
Hi Paul,

Yes, they are old but they just keep on working.  I have 4 of them, 2 D-Link DNS-323 and 2 D-Link DNS-320, they are all on 24/7/365 and have been since late 2009.  Two are on the network and the other 2 are remote and backup the network pair overnight using rsync.

Since the system has been working without problems why change?

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2019, 02:01:26 am »
Hi Ivan,

Yes, they are old but they just keep on working.  I have 4 of them, 2 D-Link DNS-323 and 2 D-Link DNS-320, they are all on 24/7/365 and have been since late 2009.  Two are on the network and the other 2 are remote and backup the network pair overnight using rsync.

Since the system has been working without problems why change?

No reason to change what isn't broken, but security does become a concern. Presumably your two remote NAS are connected via VPN which will help mitigate any security issues from an old Samba release...

ivan

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2019, 12:59:07 pm »
Hi Paul,The original remote setup was the testbed for some clients but it has evolved over the years and I now use a TP-Link TL-R600VPN dedicated VPN and Firewall unit which does make it more secure as well as easier to manage.

Thanks for your help. if you hadn't mentioned the two DLLs I would have been reverting back to the much older version.

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2019, 06:53:21 pm »
Ivan, you really should log into https://mantis.arcanoae.com/view.php?id=2592 using your Arca Noae creds with the part after @ in your user name and supply the upgrade logs so this problem can be fixed in the future. Complaining here or down leveling when things go wrong does not lead to fixes.

roberto

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2019, 12:42:00 pm »
Hello Ivan
It's lucky to arrive for a few days on vacation and find the solution to the problem.
 My case was a little different, but the solution has been the same.
After restoring the system, the ndfs program log said that the smbcli49.dll was missing, when I had the smbcli47.dll
Thank you all

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2019, 07:10:43 am »
Hello Ivan
It's lucky to arrive for a few days on vacation and find the solution to the problem.
 My case was a little different, but the solution has been the same.
After restoring the system, the ndfs program log said that the smbcli49.dll was missing, when I had the smbcli47.dll
Thank you all

Question to those that had the issue after upgrading to 5.0.4.  Had you installed any of my test builds of the Samba plugin, or were you running the version that came with ArcaOS?

If you can add your feedback to https://mantis.arcanoae.com/view.php?id=2592 it would help fix this for others.

Cheers,

Paul