OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Networking

Samba 4.9.0 based client

<< < (8/9) > >>

mauro:

--- Quote from: ivan on June 07, 2019, 01:07:23 am ---(remember you will not see your win 10 box because it is not running while you are booted into your live linux USB stick).

I hope this helps bur remember I am using a full Linux Mint install on a real computer whereas you are using a live linux from a bootable USB.

--- End quote ---

I'm using a full Ubuntu 18.04 install, it is on an USB stick but fully installed like it was on a pc.

Not a live usb

ivan:
OK, that still requires that you get the Linux networking setup correctly.

The problem will still be viewing anything on the disks of your win 10 machine. Ubuntu should be able to read the win10 drive partitions (you can do that with a live linux usb/dvd so a full install makes it easy) the problem comes from just how vbox running on linux on usb will see the SMB/CIFS server that only works when win10 is running (since Ubuntu is the operating system when running from your USB, win does not start the SMB/CIFS server therefore any samba drives will not be visible).

mauro:

--- Quote from: ivan on June 07, 2019, 04:21:44 pm ---OK, that still requires that you get the Linux networking setup correctly.

The problem will still be viewing anything on the disks of your win 10 machine. Ubuntu should be able to read the win10 drive partitions (you can do that with a live linux usb/dvd so a full install makes it easy) the problem comes from just how vbox running on linux on usb will see the SMB/CIFS server that only works when win10 is running (since Ubuntu is the operating system when running from your USB, win does not start the SMB/CIFS server therefore any samba drives will not be visible).

--- End quote ---

ok, I' have had this idea yesterday and have also installed the smb client on Ubuntu, but then responding same "Connection to 192.168.1.84 failed (Error NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_REFUSED)"  as in OS2 when give the "smbclient \\192.168.1.84\home" command in linux terminal.  It could also be the client activation not correctly performed or running.....

ivan:
First question, is 192.168.1.84 the IP address of a different separate machine running a SMB/CIFS server?

Second question, what shows up in file manager when you click on 'network'?

Third thing, if you don't have a samba server running no matter what you are doing you are not going to find anything.  For example, on my network I have 3 NAS boxes that each run a SMB/CIFS server, I am also running samba servers on 3 of my computers.  All of those are visible to any samba client on the network.

Gregg Young:
Hi Paul

smbspool.exe is broken in 4.9.4 and higher (tried 4.9.5 & 4.10.1). I am using the SMB printer port which works with version 4.4 and 4.7.7. These are the only versions I have tried.

I get "Error 1 during spooling to smb://USERNAME:****@CATMASTER/PIPPIN/Printer" Error 1 is NT_STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION. See ticket 2528 on the AN mantis site for more details. Thanks

Gregg

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version