Author Topic: LxLite syntax question  (Read 7238 times)

R.M. Klippstein

• View Profile
LxLite syntax question
« on: September 26, 2018, 09:52:19 pm »
What is the correct LxLite command line syntax for uncompressing ACPI3_23_01.PAT to produce an acceptable ACPI.PSD for OS4 SVN5238 or 5239?
Also is anyone willing to share a copy of ACPI4.BPD? I realize my chances of this happening are "Slim and None" and  Slim left town with one of my Ex-Wives!

Thanks  klipp
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 10:58:23 pm by R.M. Klippstein »

Valery Sedletski

• View Profile
Re: LxLite syntax question
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 11:25:06 pm »
*.pat is a plain text file, not an executable. So, no such command ;). *.pat is applied like "patch /a ACPI3_23_01.PAT" when acpi.psd should be in the current directory. the "patch.exe" utility should be in your \OS2 directory. Don't confuse it with GNU patch, from \@unixroot\usr\bin\patch.exe. OS/2 patch patches binary files, and GNU patch applies patches to text files. A patch file just checks sequences of bytes with VER[ify] command and changes them with CHA[nge] command. (Just look into the .pat file).

PS: And yes, you can ask me for acpi4.bpd (for example in Slack via a private message).
PPS: lxlite is needed to unpack acpi.psd: "lxlite /x acpi.psd"
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 11:29:18 pm by Valery Sedletski »

R.M. Klippstein

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2018, 12:01:13 am »
Thanks Valery, At least now I can start the Patch process but now it asks for the hexidecimal offset of Patch --- I gotta admit ignorance -- I have no idea what to enter for offset of Patch
Thanks for bailing me out again and so many times in the past.

klipp

Valery Sedletski

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2018, 01:10:24 am »
Are you sure you put acpi.psd to the same directory, as a patch file? What version of acpi.psd is it? Is it 3.23.01 or newer? If newer then it could not find these bytes at the required offset. The patch is intended for a concrete version of ACPI.PSD. For other versions, you need to create another patch, or patch it manually.

R.M. Klippstein

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2018, 11:01:13 am »
Valerius, I double checked, and yes they were in the same directorys. So I copied the original ACPI.PSD (5.0.3 install) once again to L:\OS4STUFF\Temporay and re ran LxLite and this time it went through O.K. without asking for offset of patch. I copied the new ACPI.PSD  to L:\OS2\Boot and re-Booted  (leaving out the OS4 Logo file) and get this:

Internal Revision 15.IDBG_SMP.5238
Loading: oemhlp.bpd
Loading: acpi4.bpd File not found or corrupted
     PIC mask = 0xfffb IF = 1

I don't see how the HowTo can work as it says to delete ACPI.PSD, I just modified it, and then the HowTO says to ad PSD=OS4APIC.PSD! Doesn't make sense, why do we modify APIC.PSD and then delete it?
I'll get a message to you on Slak later today its 4:00 A.M. here now. Gotta get some sleep.

Thanks  klipp

Valery Sedletski

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2018, 09:51:46 pm »
ACPI.PSD from AN 5.0.3? As I said previously, it will not work. You need version 3.23.03 or older. Older patch will not work with current ACPI.PSD and current ACPI.PSD is incompatible with OS/4 kernels. You should either use acpi4.bpd or older version of ACPI.PSD.

OS4APIC.PSD is used together with acpi4.bpd. It is not needed with ACPI.PSD, of course. But as I said, your ACPI.PSD is too new and will not work. You should either use older ACPI.PSD (3.23.03 or below) or use acpi4.bpd/os4apic.psd. For latter, ask me on Slack in private.

R.M. Klippstein

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2018, 10:41:26 pm »
Hi valerius, you have been asked, but Slack said your account is marked "Do not disturd" or something similar and asked send anyway? I said yes! Hope you gotit!

Valery Sedletski

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2018, 11:48:39 pm »
Maybe, it is marked "away". Your is too. Nevertheless, I see your question and answered it. But you're, probably, gone sleeping.

R.M. Klippstein

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2018, 09:14:35 pm »
Got IT! Thanks valerius, OS/4 now working fine on AMD-8 processor  w/ssd's & ArcaOS 5.0.3

klipp