OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Networking

New xwlan beta - please test and give feedback

(1/3) > >>

Andi B.:
I've uploaded the new beta5 of xwlan. ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/pub/wlan/xwlan314beta5.zip
I want to ask people who have a wireless NIC supported by genmac to test this version. I've made significant changes in a lot of places to improve some code and in debug message handling. I've cross checked all changes numerous times and think I did not break anything. Hope it works for others too the same as the latest versions. Or better.

Included is wpa_supplicant from current official code repository and Spanish language files.

Before I concentrate on other topics I wanted to assure all my current changes works as designed (do not break any functionality of previous versions).

Btw. you can create tickets or post here. Don't be offended when I can not answer questions the next week. I've to meet some sharks. But I'll be back afterwards :-)

Doug Bissett:
There is an undocumented dependency on PMPRINTF.

I do wish developers would get over doing that. Normal users would not have that installed, except by accident, and the final program should not need it.

Now, to find, and install it, so I can test your work.

Doug Bissett:
The supplicant seems to work well (using the widget), but switching the radio on and off, doesn't always work properly. Most of the time, no IP address is obtained, and AFAICT, there is no attempt to get one. Every once in a while, it does work, as it should. Strange...

Andi B.:

--- Quote from: Doug Bissett on October 03, 2018, 03:01:46 am ---There is an undocumented dependency on PMPRINTF.

--- End quote ---
Even with beta5? My own checks with pmdll assured me that I've fixed that. But YMMV.

Holger Schuett:
Hi Andi,
works here. I installed the widget and it works and the wpa_supplicant too. Tested the wpa_supplicant starting from command line, works there too.

Thank you

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version