Author Topic: CUPS - foo2hbpl2  (Read 5912 times)

Renee Senger

• View Profile
CUPS - foo2hbpl2
« on: October 03, 2018, 03:12:26 pm »
Asking all people here again. Any chance to get foo2hbpl2 in OS/2 CUPS? Any chance to have  Xerox Workcentre 6015NI printing from OS/2? Even Minolta Magicolor was included. Why not HBPL printers supported by foo2hbpl2?

Rene Senger

Pete

• View Profile
Re: CUPS - foo2hbpl2
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2018, 05:02:01 pm »
Hi Rene

Is your cups installation rpm based or from wpi/zip files?

If an rpm installation then create a ticket via the ticketing system here http://trac.netlabs.org/rpm/report

If wpi/zip based create a ticket here http://trac.netlabs.org/ecups/report

Regards

Pete

Renee Senger

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2018, 06:47:26 pm »
Thanks Pete, but I think it's not a case to open a ticket. It's not a defect. It requires the  addition of a cups backend.

ivan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2018, 10:00:06 pm »
Just a question for clarification.  Does the printer have a built in postscript interpreter?  I ask because many years ago I helped setup a company with Xerox Pantone printers and they had quite a sophisticated postscript interpreter.

If your printer can do postscript  and you have a PPD file for it you should be able to add it to the PSPRINT Driver and run it over the network using the SLPR output port.  I run all my Brother colour laser printers that way.

Remy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2018, 11:39:01 pm »
Asking all people here again. Any chance to get foo2hbpl2 in OS/2 CUPS? Any chance to have  Xerox Workcentre 6015NI printing from OS/2? Even Minolta Magicolor was included. Why not HBPL printers supported by foo2hbpl2?

Rene Senger

Did you try using xerox cups driver ?
https://www.support.xerox.com/support/workcentre-6015/file-download/enus.html?operatingSystem=linux&fileLanguage=en&contentId=118991&from=downloads&viewArchived=false

Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2018, 03:28:20 am »
Hi Rene

If you create a ticket about the missing backend you then have a chance that the people involved with porting cups will be able to look into porting that backend.

Regards

Pete

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2018, 03:35:52 am »
Hi Rene

If you create a ticket about the missing backend you then have a chance that the people involved with porting cups will be able to look into porting that backend.

Just label it an enhancement rather then a defect.

Renee Senger

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2020, 09:56:18 pm »
Hi Rene

Just label it an enhancement rather then a defect.

Thanks to all! But does not matter anymore. All Xerox Workcentre 6015 series are out of line now and is impossible to find parts for replacement. My MFP goes went to waste!