Public Discussions > General Discussion

ES/2, the open source OS/2

<< < (6/6)

Mathias:
Time is indeed the critical part here. Of course I`d love to learn more and understand better how everything works and what could be changed, etc.
Thing is though, work + family already kills almost all of my time. The rest is used for translations and sleep.
But please DO contact me, when you are ready to start. : )

RickCHodgin:

--- Quote from: Rick C. Hodgin on October 15, 2018, 09:40:23 pm ---In the next several months I'm going to present a full API outlining the functions I believe should be kept, which kernel modules or DLLs they belong to, along with the functions that are able to be deleted with the reason(s) why.

There really is a lot of unnecessary baggage tied up in the API.  A much cleaner / smaller / more elegant API can be created, one which will allow us to develop powerful applications for everyone to use, and without losing any functionality, and in some cases gaining some new functionality more modern OSes have brought into existence.

--- End quote ---

I plan to begin this research with a focused effort over Christmas break, and into Jan/Feb 2019.  I hope to release the API for examination and scrutiny / debate in March, 2019.

RickCHodgin:
Does anybody know of a full or partial API for all core OS/2 files in some kind of text form that can be parsed?

RickCHodgin:

--- Quote from: Rick C. Hodgin on December 19, 2018, 03:38:41 pm ---Does anybody know of a full or partial API for all core OS/2 files in some kind of text form that can be parsed?

--- End quote ---

I find bits and pieces here and there.  Nothing that is comprehensive.  Nothing with easily parsed text descriptions or parameter lists with definitions, etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version