OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Storage

Chkdsk log formatter

(1/2) > >>

Neil Waldhauer:
I used the check disk log formatter, CHKLGJFS.EXE to format the log file for my JFS formatted disk. The version is 1.9.5 by D Azarewicz.

I don't know what it means, so I'm attaching it here. I only included the first few lines. OS/2 World does not permit the whole file to be uploaded. It's too big.

Doug Bissett:
I have no idea what it means, but if you have a DFSEE subscription, I would ask Jan. DFSEE may give you more information, in a friendlier way too.

Andi B.:

--- Quote ---... error writing M to d:...
--- End quote ---
Sound very familiar to me. But can't remember now what it triggers. Maybe there's even a mantis ticket for that. Did you search for this? I know for sure we have discussed this during the last years but my memory is vanishing....

Neil Waldhauer:
I notice that ArcaOS has the old IBM chklgjfs.exe. I wonder what is the difference?

Lars:
The chkdsk log ("Unrecoverable error writing M to d:. CHKDSK CANNOT CONTINUE.") means that your JFS transaction log is broken which is really bad news because I think that is non-recoverable.

The "M" should really spell "Metadata" but this is some problem either with the tool or with the JFS transaction log.
There had been a bug report for this in either the AN or the eCS bugtracker.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version