Author Topic: Happy 1st Birthday ArcaOS  (Read 5961 times)

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
Happy 1st Birthday ArcaOS
« on: May 15, 2018, 02:59:45 pm »
Hi

Today is the first birthday of ArcaOS. Version 5.0 was released on the 15 of may of 2017 (announcement and Wikipedia).
I'm hoping to write a more elaborate opinion what it was done right and what needs work, but I need more time to finish it.

Congratulations on the 1st year of the platform.

Regards
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 03:13:32 pm by Martin Iturbide »
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

Eugene Tucker

• View Profile
Re: Happy 1st Birthday ArcaOS
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 12:15:41 am »
I have to say I like Arca OS 5 very much. In fact I like it better than ecomstation. 2.2 Beta. I have played with it and may buy another copy. Once we get a new release. It keeps getting better and better. I left straight OS/2 a long time ago so I have no way to compare them. My answer to the ArcaOS 5 verses Ecomstation was to reformat my ECS drive and use it for something else. So Happy Birthday Arca OS!

Mathias

• using ArcaOS
    • View Profile
    • IRC
Re: Happy 1st Birthday ArcaOS
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2018, 05:35:11 pm »
I do also like ArcaOS very much. I come from OS/2 Warp 3, and DO miss the cewl menu markers from Warp 3, where the current item was displayed with a sunken edge instead of a oblique bar like today:

Warp 3:
https://www.operating-system.org/betriebssystem/bsgfx/ibm/os2-scr-08.gif

Warp 4 and later:
http://toastytech.com/guis/os24_warpbar.png

I wonder if there is a tool or theme, that could emulate these in ArcaOS.... : ]

Besides that, I miss nothing from the old IBM time. For me OS/2 never has been cewler before, than with ArcaOS now. It's definitely many many steps ahead in every aspect. *__*