OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Utilities

XDF disk extractor

(1/19) > >>

RickCHodgin:
Is there an XDF disk image extractor?  I've tried WinImage, WinEMT, DiskExplorer, and WinXDF.  DiskExplorer was able to read it, but it wouldn't read directories and wasn't able to reliably extract the files.  I couldn't find any tool to read the XDF format and export out the files.

I tried xdfcopy in OS/2, but I can't see where it extracts to a folder, but only to a physical floppy drive/disk.

I've ordered an external floppy drive for my laptop.  It will be here possibly this weekend, but probably Monday or Tuesday.

David Graser:
Rick

Have you tried vfdisk.  Virtual floppy disk 6.0 and necessary control programs.

http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/download/pub/os2/system/drivers/filesys/vfdisk60.zip

RickCHodgin:

--- Quote from: David Graser on November 02, 2018, 01:04:23 am ---Have you tried vfdisk.  Virtual floppy disk 6.0 and necessary control programs.

http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/download/pub/os2/system/drivers/filesys/vfdisk60.zip

--- End quote ---

I got it to work.  But, I can't find the settings to set the drive letter.  It automatically assigns the next available letter.  I assume it's a device=...vfdisk.sys option.  I tried "A: 1" but that didn't do it.  It still goes to the next letter.  Does anyone know?

UPDATE:  When I run xdfcopy with H:, it fails.  If I run it with A: it asks me to put the disk in the drive.  It doesn't seem to recognize the virtual floppy as a physical device.

David Graser:
I know when I installed WPS security on my system, it originally wanted a floppy disk drive.  I tried VFDisk and even though the virtual drive was not drive A or B, it had no problem finding and using the Virtual floppy disk to install itselp.

Neil Waldhauer:
This device driver provides support for eXtended Density Format (XDF) diskettes.

BASEDEV= ── XDFLOPPY.FLT ──────────────────────────────────────┤

Remarks

This device driver is required to use the XDFCOPY, command and to install this version of OS/2 using the OS/2 Installation diskettes.

Parameters

This device driver has no parameters.

Related Commands: BASEDEV, DEVICE, IBM1FLPY.ADD, IBM2FLPY.ADD, XDFCOPY.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version