Author Topic: Shared folders IFS for VBox Additions, the test version  (Read 106207 times)

mauro

• View Profile
Re: Shared folders IFS for VBox Additions, the test version
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2018, 10:35:59 am »
2Mauro:x

So, it loaded ok. Did you checked System Setup->System->Screen ? Does it show all
usual video modes? If so, enable the video mode you need and reboot.

System Setup shows same resolutions given with Panorama drivers , no 16/9 options given, no 1920x1080x32 mode in the options, in the screenshot here below I find the highest possile resolutions:

https://ibb.co/hkvDN0

I then believed that it was because of the monitor model choosen which is a LCD display 1024x768, but also in its higher res (till 1600x1200x32) there are no 16/9 value

https://ibb.co/e5FBaL

as you see, in the 'Adapter Name' field it shows Virtual Box VESA Bios
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 10:52:07 am by mauro »

Valery Sedletski

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2018, 04:33:30 pm »
2Mauro:

So, you have all video modes in the list. I have no display selected here at all. Yes, these
modes are shown by VBox VESA BIOS. I have the same. What else do you want?

No 16x9 value? Then add it with VBoxManage command, as Martin did before.

mauro

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2018, 07:36:03 pm »
2Mauro:

So, you have all video modes in the list. I have no display selected here at all. Yes, these
modes are shown by VBox VESA BIOS. I have the same. What else do you want?

No 16x9 value? Then add it with VBoxManage command, as Martin did before.

Done, this is what I missed.  As said at the beginning, I'm not so smart to catch all of those details myself (that's why I had preferred a self-installing routine like in other VB guest OS), but I can go to the end with a patient navigator.  Thank to you and Martin as well in this last case   :D

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2018, 03:48:47 pm »
Hi Valerius.

I just made a new test today.
Using "VBoxAdditions-os2-x86-5.0.51.r183.zip" with Windows 10 Host (VirtualBox 5.2.22) and ArcaOS 5.0.3 as guest.
I located all files on "C:\Programs\Vbox" as personal preference with the exception of the vbxgradd.dll that goes on C:\OS2\DLL

- Bidirectional clipboard works
- Mouse integration works
- Video works with 1,920x1,080 (setting the custom resolution on the VM).

This are my comment with Vbox.IFS:
1) It does not auto-mount with "start /n vboxservice.exe" on startup.cmd. I had to run like "VBoxSFAttach w: OS2Temp" to mount the drive. Was an auto-mount supposed to happen, or did I get it wrong? I have no problem adding "VBoxSFAttach w: OS2Temp" on the startup.cmd.
2) It is "Read only" I can not copy a file from and to the same mounted drive using 4OS2 or CMD. (but the good thing is that now CMD sees the files and I can copy those to other drives like C:).
     - ReadOnly-1.png
     - ReadOnly-2.png
3) WPS integration is not working.
    a) I open e.exe and looked at the W: drive and worked (E Running W.png)
    b) I open W: from the "Drives" icon and get a OS2KRNL trap (See OS2KRNL- Trap.png or video)

Let me know if this limitations are expected since I got lost since the thread is getting bigger.
Anyways it is great to be at least able to read the folder and copy files from the host.

Regards

« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 04:08:19 pm by Martin Iturbide »
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

roberto

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2018, 06:57:34 pm »
Using "VBoxAdditions-os2-x86-5.0.51.r183.zip" with Windows 10 Host (VirtualBox 5.2.22) and ArcaOS 5.0.3 as guest.
Here you say you have arcaos503, but in the trap error version 14.200_W appears, and I see in my computer the 14.201_SMP in arcaos503, something does not fit.
saludos

Valery Sedletski

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2018, 08:49:19 pm »
2Martin Iturbide:

1) It does not auto-mount with "start /n vboxservice.exe" on startup.cmd. I had to run like "VBoxSFAttach w: OS2Temp" to mount the drive. Was an auto-mount supposed to happen, or did I get it wrong? I have no problem adding "VBoxSFAttach w: OS2Temp" on the startup.cmd.

Is your \programs\VBox directory on PATH? If not, you need to specify the full path:

start /n c:\programs\vbox\VBoxService.exe

It automounts ok on mine, and several other users machines. Did you checked the
"Auto-mount" checkbox in shared folder settings?

2) It is "Read only" I can not copy a file from and to the same mounted drive using 4OS2 or CMD. (but the good thing is that now CMD sees the files and I can copy those to other drives like C:).

Do you have "read only" checkbox set on your shared folder in VM settings? If so, remove it. The "copy" command does not yet work ok, as I already mentioned above. e/ae editors should work. I have no problems saving files with them.
Note that read only shared folders are not tested at all -- used r/w ones only so far.

3) WPS integration is not working.
    a) I open e.exe and looked at the W: drive and worked (E Running W.png)
    b) I open W: from the "Drives" icon and get a OS2KRNL trap (See OS2KRNL- Trap.png or video)

E.exe is not the WPS drives object. It is Drives object did not work. File dialog should work. But now I
added support for WPS Drives object, will upload a new version soon. From your trap screen it is
hard to tell where it trapped. Somewhere in the kernel. You'll need to retest with the newer version
(I'll upload it soon).
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 10:11:32 pm by Valery Sedletski »

Valery Sedletski

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2018, 09:44:09 pm »
I uploaded a new version:

ftp://osfree.org/upload/vbox/additions/VBoxAdditions-os2-x86-5.0.51.r184.zip

Now WPS Drives object should work ok, as I implemented creating the empty EA's
structure. Also, I fixed FS_VERIFYUNCNAME, so it now should work, when two UNC
IFS-es are installed. The "dir \\vboxsrv\sharename" now works ok with CMD.EXE.
Previously, this command gave an error.

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2018, 11:22:45 pm »
Here you say you have arcaos503, but in the trap error version 14.200_W appears, and I see in my computer the 14.201_SMP in arcaos503, something does not fit.
saludos

Hi Roberto.

It seems to me that ArcaOS 5.0.3 installs the  14.200_W kernel when you have only once processor/core. I installed this VM with only one core, any tip to update/change to the 14.201_SMP from the kernel that I have is welcome.

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2018, 11:51:43 pm »
Hi

I had updated to VBoxAdditions-os2-x86-5.0.51.r184.zip now.

2Martin Iturbide:

Is your \programs\VBox directory on PATH? If not, you need to specify the full path:

start /n c:\programs\vbox\VBoxService.exe

It automounts ok on mine, and several other users machines. Did you checked the
"Auto-mount" checkbox in shared folder settings?

I confirm that C:\Programs\vbox was on the path and libpath. And the auto-mount checkbox is enabled on the host.

Do you have "read only" checkbox set on your shared folder in VM settings? If so, remove it. The "copy" command does not yet work ok, as I already mentioned above. e/ae editors should work. I have no problems saving files with them.
Note that read only shared folders are not tested at all -- used r/w ones only so far.

It is not read only on the options.. I have "Auto-Mount" and "Make Permanent". I also found out that when the VM guest is turned on it shows the "Make Permanent", when it is off it does not show it.

By turning off the "Make Permanent" and turning it on, on the next boot it auto attached.

I need to keep testing it further.

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster

Valery Sedletski

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2018, 12:07:52 am »
2Martin:

It seems to me that ArcaOS 5.0.3 installs the  14.200_W kernel when you have only once processor/core. I installed this VM with only one core, any tip to update/change to the 14.201_SMP from the kernel that I have is welcome.

Just search \os2image for SMP kernel (It should be in \os2image\debug\smp, I think).

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2018, 12:13:46 am »
I installed this VM with only one core, any tip to update/change to the 14.201_SMP from the kernel that I have is welcome.

The SMP stuff is in x:\os2\install\smp. Just replace your kernel, unlock and replace doscall1.dll and I guess harderr.exe. The other stuff is only for debugging tracing and such. Usually you also replace os2ldr but I don't think it is necessary with ArcaOS.
The W4 kernel will give about 10% better performance on a single core machine so unless you need the SMP support...
Changing back is the same except the files are in x:\os2\install\w4
x: of course is your boot drive

mauro

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2018, 06:40:21 pm »

if you think that issue might be a wrong script in the the startup.cmd, I would suggest to place a shadow copy of vboxservice.exe in the Startup folder (inside OS2 System folder in my OS2 Warp 4.52 machine), don't know if ArcaOS has same folder function.
It has worked for me.

mauro

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 23, 2018, 06:58:43 am »
I uploaded a new version:

ftp://osfree.org/upload/vbox/additions/VBoxAdditions-os2-x86-5.0.51.r184.zip

Now WPS Drives object should work ok, as I implemented creating the empty EA's
structure. Also, I fixed FS_VERIFYUNCNAME, so it now should work, when two UNC
IFS-es are installed. The "dir \\vboxsrv\sharename" now works ok with CMD.EXE.
Previously, this command gave an error.

in my OS2 Warp 4.52 guest, WPS shared folder drive containing files has appeared and worked just at first time of system reboot after the new GA r184 version installation, no more on further sessions.

Mo

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 23, 2018, 03:05:46 pm »
It works mostly good for me but i noticed some things using the lateste 184 build.

DOS window does not show folders but shows files some files double
Command window shows some folders double

FC/2 shows everything correct.

System ArcaOS 5.03, packages from netlabs-exp repository

Thanks for the work!

Valery Sedletski

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 23, 2018, 05:01:50 pm »
2Moritz:

Interesting effect that it displays some files twice. Are you sure they are the same?
Maybe, this is two different files with long name, truncated to the same short name?
 I don't have this on my VM. Also, directories are shown ok in my case.

PS: File names in DOS are not yet ready, because file name translation short <-> long
is to be implemented, yet.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 05:06:49 pm by Valery Sedletski »