OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Applications

Shared folders IFS for VBox Additions, the test version

<< < (2/44) > >>

Martin Iturbide:
Hi Valery

--- Quote ---VBoxSFAttach w: 1.-os2
--- End quote ---

The command mounts the W: drive, but it shows empty in the GUI (known issue #1, right?). On the command line it list something but without file names (Check picture)
I'm not sure if there is another requirement that I'm missing. Anyways, it looks very promising.

A thing that got broken with this version of "VBoxGuest.sys" is the bidirectional "Shared Clipboard" can you also check if it is working for you?

Regards

Valery Sedletski:
2Martin: Are you sure you started VBoxService.exe successfully? You should add it to
startup.cmd, otherwise Additions will not work. VBoxService.exe automounts all shared
folders, so you don't need to mount them manually. Also, it handles the shared clipboard
too. If shared clipboard is not working, then most probably, VboxService.exe is not
running.

> The command mounts the W: drive, but it shows empty in the GUI (known issue #1, right?). On the command line it list something but without file names (Check picture)
>I'm not sure if there is another requirement that I'm missing. Anyways, it looks very promising.

As I said, WPS Drives object is not working at the moment. CMD.EXE doesn't work too, indeed
(because not all DosFindFirst flags are working yet). But File Commander/2 and 4OS/2 work fine.
Also, command.com and Volkov Commander show file listings in a VDM (though, the file name
translation short <-> long is to be implemented, yet -- similar way as it's done in fat32.ifs for
exFAT).

PS: Hm, indeed, looks like shared clipboard is not working, even with VBoxService.exe running.

PPS: It appears that VBoxService.exe quits after it mounts the shared folders. Need to see why.
This is the reason why shared clipbord is not working -- it requires a running VBoxService.

mauro:

--- Quote from: Valery Sedletski on November 04, 2018, 01:55:33 pm ---2mauro: There are the instructions in the official readme on Oracle's Additions ISO,
though, it is brief too. Mine is even more thorough :) Not sure, what's not clear for
you? You should copy all the files in respective directories (or somewhere to \programs,
or whatever directory you use for installing apps). Only vbxgradd.dll should be on the
LIBPATH. Any other programs can have arbitrary location. You should have any GRADD
driver installed, prior to vbxgradd.dll installation (GENGRADD, Panorama or SNAP are
good).

The trap in PMDD usually means that you have your video driver misconfigured.
So, you only need to install it correctly.

--- End quote ---

ok , understood.   Trying and see what happens is not a problem, in case of disaster I will revert to the stepback just saved.
Thank you, I'll let you know as I will take the time for doing this.

mauro:

--- Quote from: mauro on November 05, 2018, 09:05:41 pm ---
--- Quote from: Valery Sedletski on November 04, 2018, 01:55:33 pm ---2mauro: There are the instructions in the official readme on Oracle's Additions ISO,
though, it is brief too. Mine is even more thorough :) Not sure, what's not clear for
you? You should copy all the files in respective directories (or somewhere to \programs,
or whatever directory you use for installing apps). Only vbxgradd.dll should be on the
LIBPATH. Any other programs can have arbitrary location. You should have any GRADD
driver installed, prior to vbxgradd.dll installation (GENGRADD, Panorama or SNAP are
good).

The trap in PMDD usually means that you have your video driver misconfigured.
So, you only need to install it correctly.

--- End quote ---

ok , understood.   Trying and see what happens is not a problem, in case of disaster I will revert to the stepback just saved.
Thank you, I'll let you know as I will take the time for doing this.

--- End quote ---

again: "the system detected an internal processing error".  Sorry, too tricky for me, hope wil find in the future an automated installation routine.  Thank you anyhow.

Valery Sedletski:
2mauro: No fully automated procedure. I'd avoid automated config.sys modifications.
It should be modified by hand, because it's easy enough. Uninstalling drivers in case of
problems is easy too. You can boot to command line and fix your config.sys. It is not
windows, everything is user-controlled. So, please set up your video driver correctly,
until you install vbxgradd.dll.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version