Author Topic: Shared folders IFS for VBox Additions, the test version  (Read 106146 times)

Lars

• View Profile
Re: Shared folders IFS for VBox Additions, the test version
« Reply #180 on: February 02, 2020, 11:19:22 am »
That's what I said: 218 works fine from a commandline. Yes, it lists all files and directories and therefore FS32_FINDFIRST/FS32_FINDNEXT/FS_FINDFROMNAME work ok.

Taking Valerys answer, I still think there is an EA problem which was my initial suspicion. Since EAs work fine with the latest version of FAT32.IFS (I did not have a problem accessing FAT32 formatted drives from the WPS in a long time) I assume something went wrong when "copy pasting" the EA code from FAT32.IFS to VBOXFS.IFS. Or something was forgotten ...

Lars

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 02, 2020, 11:56:26 am »
Valery,

I have started ticket #76 on the Vbox bug tracker at netlabs.

Valery Sedletski

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 02, 2020, 12:29:32 pm »
2mauro: It happens e.g. when I build VBoxFS sources in "VBoxFS" subdirectory, this subdirectory becomes read only.
If you open it in File Commander/2, with Files->File Attributes command, like on this screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/oUY5VsZ,
you will see "Read only" checkbox set. So, You need to unset it, and press "OK". The same "read only" bit is set when you
copy some file from the same dir (just drag it in WPS Drives object). Unfortunately, you cannot unset this bit with WPS, because
"File" tab in settings notebook is not shown on shared folders currently. But FC/2 works.

Valery Sedletski

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 02, 2020, 12:33:10 pm »
2Lars: yes, EA support is broken. Thogh, it is half-working. I am able, at least, browse directories, start programs, copy files. But properties notebook
of a file has only "Icon" tab, but there should be 5 tabs available. So, something is wrong. Plus, sometimes, when WPS populates the folder (usually,
in a Tree View), something went wrong, and the populating process stops. Then if you click on any Drive object, it opens empty, or not completely
populated, until a reboot. Or, WPS can freeze. So, something is definitely, wrong. Probably, on Windows host, this happens more frequently, than
on Linux host. need to check.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 12:49:53 pm by Valery Sedletski »

Lars

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 02, 2020, 12:57:22 pm »
Hi Valery,

just added another comment to #76 about "FillFindBuf". I have the feeling that this could be the source of your problems.

Valery Sedletski

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 02, 2020, 02:41:48 pm »
2Lars: Which problems? I doubt this is related to EA problems we're observing. I need to display correct EA's. FillFindBuf itself works without problems
atm, I don't see any file find problems. No need to fix that works. We need to fix EA code. This code is not related to EA's.

Lars

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 02, 2020, 02:49:42 pm »
"FillFindBuf" is not working correctly if FF_GETPOS is set as it does not handle the "position" field correctly. It also has to return EAs if the appropriate level is set and therefore it HAS to do with EAs.
Please look at the code and read what I have written.

Valery Sedletski

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 02, 2020, 03:12:37 pm »
2Lars: Yes, something is not correct here indeed (see my answer at the bugtracker). But FileFindBuf generally works ok. Probably, FF_GETPOS is specified
in rare cases, so I don't observe any problems. I agree that logic is not fully correct here. But now we're trying to fix EA's. This flaw in logic is not related to EA's
at all. I'll look at it later. First, I need to install win7 to my laptop and see.

PS: The problem seems to be related to FS32_PATHINFO, not  FS32_FINDFIRST/NEXT. When I right-click on the file icon, WPS calls
DosQueryPathInfo with FIL_QUERYEASFROMLIST parameter.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 03:26:17 pm by Valery Sedletski »

Lars

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 02, 2020, 03:48:02 pm »
I would assume that the WPS calls FS32_FINDFIRST / FS32_FINDNEXT / FS32_FINDFROMNAME to also query the EAs of all files satisfying a wildcard and not only the list of file/directory names by picking the appropriate query level. That leads to problems enumerating all files under the WPS because it likely fails on the action to query the EAs and not the file/directory names.

But I can also have a look at FS32_PATHINFO. I assume this is a separate issue as it only affects one file/directory.

Lars

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 02, 2020, 04:11:44 pm »
Found a bug in "GetEmptyEAs". See ticket #76.

mauro

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 02, 2020, 07:05:03 pm »
That's what I said: 218 works fine from a commandline. Yes, it lists all files and directories and therefore FS32_FINDFIRST/FS32_FINDNEXT/FS_FINDFROMNAME work ok.

no, I meant everything works in the WPS shared folder as well, not just command line. All ok at level of file icons and their drag/drop, copy/move/paste/run

mauro

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 02, 2020, 08:21:59 pm »
2mauro: It happens e.g. when I build VBoxFS sources in "VBoxFS" subdirectory, this subdirectory becomes read only.
If you open it in File Commander/2, with Files->File Attributes command, like on this screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/oUY5VsZ,
you will see "Read only" checkbox set. So, You need to unset it, and press "OK". The same "read only" bit is set when you
copy some file from the same dir (just drag it in WPS Drives object). Unfortunately, you cannot unset this bit with WPS, because
"File" tab in settings notebook is not shown on shared folders currently. But FC/2 works.

ok, clear, thank you

Lars

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 02, 2020, 08:35:14 pm »

no, I meant everything works in the WPS shared folder as well, not just command line. All ok at level of file icons and their drag/drop, copy/move/paste/run
It works for you. But not for me. It blows the WPS every time I try to do something with it. In any case, I looked at the code and reported some findings to Valery. Everything will be good :-)

Valery Sedletski

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 03, 2020, 08:25:34 pm »
2Lars:

> Found a bug in "GetEmptyEAs". See ticket #76.
will look later, thank you for your code review and help!

BTW, I installed win7 x86_64 on my laptop, tested OS/2 guest with shared folders in VBox 6.1.2 --
everything works fine, no hangs, icons are displayed ok in WPS folders, I am able to copy/browse files
and launch programs. So, no big difference from Linux. So, it seems to be hard to reproduce.

Lars

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 04, 2020, 05:38:39 am »
There are many different code paths in a FS. Your WPS might ask for less EAs than mine,maybe due to different WPS configuration (number of WPS classes installed,for example).
Accidental memory overwrites are unpredictable in their effect. Sometimes the overwritten memory is allocated but not in use,at other times a completely unrelated kernel structure might be overwritten.