Author Topic: Shared folders IFS for VBox Additions, the test version  (Read 106155 times)

Valery Sedletski

• View Profile
Re: Shared folders IFS for VBox Additions, the test version
« Reply #195 on: February 07, 2020, 05:14:26 pm »
2Lars: So, looks  like your problems is your VM's specifics. Is your VM big? Could you upload it somewhere? (e.g., to my ftp)? Maybe,
this will allow me to reproduce your errors on my machine.

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #196 on: March 24, 2020, 03:59:43 am »
Hi Valery.
Do you have control over the attached picture?

Do you think there can be way a to include a "Don't ask me again" checkbox to disable this warning?
I also do not get the difference between the "no" and "cancel" buttons. Is there any difference of these two actions?

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

Valery Sedletski

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 28, 2020, 08:18:30 am »
2Martin: No, IFS has no control over any checkboxes. No idea yet, why WPS complains about EA's. Maybe, I just need to return proper
null EA's. At the moment, they are invalid. WPS accepts them when displaying a drive contents. But if you open a settings notebook of
a drive, you'll see that some tabs are missing (like File one). So, something seems to be wrong with EA's. For the same reason, it could
complain about EA's when copying. So, maybe, if I'll fix EA's, everything will be repaired. Need to try.

FelixG

« Reply #198 on: April 06, 2020, 05:22:53 pm »
The version included in Virtualbox 6.1.4 works with WPS, if the changes requested in the ticket 19453 are made:

https://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/19453

Regards

Valery Sedletski

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 09, 2020, 12:59:53 pm »
2FelixG: The Oracle version is different from ours, so it is of no help here. Though, good to know that you've repaired it. My congratulations!
Does all required tabs present in file properties notebooks (like "File" tab)? VBoxFS.ifs does not show it, currently.

Lars

• View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 09, 2020, 01:02:49 pm »
The version included in Virtualbox 6.1.4 works with WPS, if the changes requested in the ticket 19453 are made:

https://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/19453

Regards

Felix, can you provide a test version with your fixes that I could try?

FelixG

« Reply #201 on: April 10, 2020, 06:37:56 pm »
Yes, I know it is a different version, but since you have similar problems, you can use it as a comparison.

Regarding the file properties tabs I think they work correctly.

I attach the modified file using assembler. Unfortunately I am not able to compile the programs so it is an equivalent version, but not the same.

Lars

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 10, 2020, 10:00:25 pm »
Great stuff, yes that fixes the WPS problems with the VBOX IFS driver !
Thanks, Lars

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #203 on: April 24, 2020, 11:55:57 pm »
Hi Valery

Suddenly today when ArcaOS boot is get stucks on boot when it runs the CMD.EXE. If I modify the config.sys or go one by one and not load vboxservice.exe it will boot.

It seems that the only change I made was a reorg of the config.sys and moved "run=C:\os2\VBoxService.exe" from the last part of the config.sys to the attached one.

I don't know if you experience something similar. For the moment I had reset back my config.sys to the previously version and solved my issue.

Regards
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 12:13:50 am by Martin Iturbide »
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster

Valery Sedletski

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 26, 2020, 06:54:20 pm »
2Martin: Do you have llaecs.exe in mptstart.cmd? (or how it's called in ArcaOS, I don't know) If yes, please rem it out.
It can cause problems if VBoxService.exe is started via run=... statement in config.sys, and in some other cases. Or,
you can move VBoxService.exe to startup.cmd. This is a known problem of llaecs.exe. It interferes with PM programs
started from config.sys from run=... statement. Such programs are paused to load until PM is started. Otherwise, OS/2
may hang when a program tries to call PM API's. But llaecs.exe causes a glitch, so it seems, a PM program is not
paused loading until PM is started. So, better avoid to use llaecs.exe. It causes a lot of trouble.

PS: DId you read README? This problem is described there.

PPS: I looked into llaecs.exe, it's imported modules table contains pmshapi.dll. So, it is a PM program too. Maybe, the problem is because
it is started from a .CMD file, not directly as run=... so maybe, the problem should be fixed, if you move it to config.sys as a run=...
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 07:07:11 pm by Valery Sedletski »

G. M. Anchieri

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 19, 2021, 03:22:45 pm »
Hi all,
I have recently installed VBOX version 616, under my WIN7 Pro and than I install ARCAOS.506 over it.
The install come to end successfully then I installed: VBoxAdditions-os2-x86-5.0.51.r218.iso as specified in reame.txt.
Now I want attach a couple of disk formatted in JFS as shared folders to work on, but I can't attach it because
in the shared folders window of VBOX this disk is not viewed as normal disk by Win7 and if attach one of disk presented, I receive the window error that tell me that the disk is not properly formatted and give me the option to format it or cancel the mount.
If I insert for example: H:
in the second row I receive: H_DRIVE
I can set the disk R/W or only R and also if it is a permanent disk
but when I push the button to save the data inserted I receive a Window error from Vbox that there is a argument error.
How do I can  resolve this problem?
Thank to all that can give me a hint.
G.M. Anchieri

ivan

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 19, 2021, 09:31:34 pm »
I think you have found one of the problems using vBox on windows.  Windows knows nothing about disk formats other than NTFS and Win32 so any disks you format as JFS are meaningless as far as windows is concerned and can't be seen.

If you want a real partition on your win box to allow sharing between win and OS/2 in vBox you should use a win32 formatted partition.

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #207 on: June 19, 2021, 11:23:58 pm »
Hi
Now I want attach a couple of disk formatted in JFS as shared folders to work on, but I can't attach it because
in the shared folders window of VBOX this disk is not viewed as normal disk by Win7 and if attach one of disk presented, I receive the window error that tell me that the disk is not properly formatted and give me the option to format it or cancel the mount.

If understand correctly,  you have some VHI images files formatted in JFS, and you want to mount those to access it from your ArcaOS VM.

Instead of attaching it on shared folders, add the VHI image as an extra drive on the VM Settings - Storage - Add Hard Drive.
(Check attached picture)

But, if you have a JFS partition on the host machine, and you want to access it from the ArcaOS Guest, I have no idea if it is possible. (Since the Windows Host does not have JFS support).

Regards
« Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 11:26:28 pm by Martin Iturbide »
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 20, 2021, 12:38:29 am »
A HPFS drive might work better. Uses the same partition id and Windows did support it at one time

G. M. Anchieri

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 20, 2021, 11:26:50 am »
Thank to all that responded to my question, but VBOX under Windows, if I can't attach a disk formatted in JFS using shared folder, is useless for me, because I have more than a TB of data to copy to more VDI disk using a disk formatted in fat32 with use of parameter /eas very dangerous in ARCAOS, and It's very difficult if I want to keep it  in line.

G.M. Anchieri