OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Networking

Fastest tcp/ip throughput in OS/2?

<< < (2/5) > >>

David Graser:
I can see no difference when running and testing with either Windows or AcraOS.

Daniel:
Make sure the hosts.txt file is renamed "hosts" with no extension. I should have made that clear. Also, if you have modified your hosts file add the changes to the beginning just before the line "# [Start of entries generated by MVPS HOSTS]".  Most people don't modify their hosts file, but it can be handy to give names to computers and printers on your local network, or on the Internet for that matter.

roberto:
Well, I just did a test out of curiosity, and it gave me a surprising result. ARCAOS503 of 373.2mbps. And with the host file proposed by Daniel modifying the line # :: 1 localhost # [IPv6] with #. It has given me 410mbps.
I'm not sure but maybe it could be the config.sys, putting the IFS before the device = network driver. In my case DEVICE = H: \ IBMCOM \ MACS \ E1000B.OS2

Daniel:
Adding the ad and malware blocking hosts file shouldn't increase your download speed (as far as I know), but it decreases the size of downloads. This speeds up page loading. Some sites show no change. With others the change is just short of miraculous. YMMV

Remy:
Do you have Injoy firewall ?
If yes, get the latest driver from them (they found and rewrote the driver after I opened a ticket to them), it resolved my speed problem under ArcaOS.
Which firefow build do you use ?
Try to use a direct speedtest without firefox (I think you already did it).
https://www.os2world.com/forum/index.php/topic,1486.msg17980.html#msg17980

You can give a try to the Realtek 8139C + / 8169 / 8169S driver too which If I did well understand uses a more "optimized process" than MMRE.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version