Author Topic: REGEDIT2 export & import  (Read 15049 times)

xynixme

Re: REGEDIT2 export & import
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2018, 01:17:50 am »
If you are going to use Acrobat, why Acrobat 4 and not Acrobat 5?

Because 4, as a component of eCS 1.2 and as a slightly different stand-alone version, is all I've got. And 3, with a forgotten level of WPS integration.

One of the different files of v4 is MSVCRT.DLL. I'd prefer 2 identical installs. The OS one may be the default, but install scripts can use the identical clone which is always there, regardless of the OS in use. The OS one requires REGEDIT2 settings, so you cannot just copy files to create a stand-alone version.

I have to start Lucide twice to open a PDF file, so that's not a working alternative for a new default PDF reader yet.

xynixme

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2018, 01:35:49 am »
Even better. Using a Rexx DLL is no problem, for one because it's related to installing a system in a controlled way. DLLs are installed in an earlier phase.

xynixme

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2018, 01:45:07 am »
Although I have not tried it, I am guessing that Regina Rexx for windows will run in ODIN.

There was a short period of time when VAC++ 4.0 would not install on Windows 2000, so I made a little "installer" in order to install it. (That problem has been fixed and VAC++ 4.03 installs on Windows 7.) I have attached the script to show how to update the registry using Rexx and the w32util package.

Interesting route, impressive solution. I recall not being able to install VAC++ 4 at an office, albeit that was hardly more than an excuse to obtain the matching newer VACs for OS/2 too.

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2018, 05:28:06 am »
Another possibility is re-compiling the Regina REXX DLL for OS/2 and linking it to Odin for the registry support. Not sure if Odin has enough registry support or how hard it would be to port.

Doug Clark

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2018, 12:55:54 am »
Andre,

Acrobat version 5 can be downloaded at www.os2site.com/sw/util/pdf/os2kitacrobatreader51preview1.exe.

I have problems printing with both version 4 and version 5: they both produce a *.spl file that just sits in the queue - I am using AROS. Strangely enough if you double click on the file in the printer object (which opens it in the system editor), then save it as a *.ps, then drag it back to the printer object it will then print.

You might also want to try qpdfview.exe. Although since (I believe) it is a qt user interface to the same PDF library that Lucide it might not fix your problem. I like it because I can open multiple PDFs at once - but it only prints using CUPS.