WebSite Information > Comments, Suggestions & Questions

The OS/2 Community and the next 2019 year

<< < (6/6)

Mathias:
Martin, mhmm.. sometimes missed something like File Commander/2. Currently it`s Shareware. Nothing revolutionary, but very handy at times : )

Or.. if we REALLY can fund some money, why not Lotus Notes and/or Domino.. ; ) - But that might be out of range, as IBM might not hand out the source code...

Doug Bissett:

--- Quote ---Any suggestion on which software?
--- End quote ---

PMView is an important program. I have no idea what might be required to obtain it.

David Graser:

--- Quote from: Doug Bissett on January 06, 2019, 04:30:00 am ---
--- Quote ---Any suggestion on which software?
--- End quote ---

PMView is an important program. I have no idea what might be required to obtain it.

--- End quote ---

I agree with Doug.  PMView is really a must have program.

FC/2 seems to be liked by quite a few.  I am a FM/2 man myself.  It is really what one gets used to.

KO continues to give us an updated VLC.  This is a must for multimedia.

bfulton:
One thing I enjoy is to read accounts and rundowns of installations done on various software devices. It is helpful to know the extent of workability with different devices. For example, someone could install AC 5.1 on a Acer Aspire 1 and just see where it goes. Most of these devices would need the USB flash installation, but it would be neat just to hear about what worked, what didn't and what really didn't work. 

Individual reviews from every day users could do wonders for spreading information to PC users who might be curious.

As an aside, it is time to start talking about USB 3.0 support and even a discussion of the theory and merits of  USB-C (maybe that's asking too much). Fun discussions about hardware, sharing and commenting on the latest news from HP, Dell. Keeping things light and fun and practical.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version