OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Web applications

Firefox high mem

<< < (2/3) > >>

Dave Yeo:

--- Quote from: André Heldoorn on January 20, 2019, 03:26:11 am ---I assume ABOVE512.EXE can be used too, to mark that single and unused FF/SM dictionary DLL (code & data) as high?

--- End quote ---

Sure, it basically does the same thing. marking data as high is usually discouraged as it can cause problems, your mileage may vary.
Which dictionary DLL?

xynixme:

--- Quote from: Dave Yeo on January 20, 2019, 04:20:52 am ---marking data as high is usually discouraged as it can cause problems, your mileage may vary.
Which dictionary DLL?

--- End quote ---
Thanks, I'll restrict it to code and - so far - to this single DLL only. AFAIK I have no need to start experimenting with varying mileages.

The manually installed HUNSPEL0.DLL, which AFAICT just has to be loadable and isn't used by any other app. And if another app is using it, then such an app never complained about missing "spell checker's data files".

Dave Yeo:

--- Quote from: André Heldoorn on January 22, 2019, 06:39:12 pm ---
The manually installed HUNSPEL0.DLL, which AFAICT just has to be loadable and isn't used by any other app. And if another app is using it, then such an app never complained about missing "spell checker's data files".

--- End quote ---

SeaMonkey actually doesn't use hunspell as I seem to have neglected to add the line,

--- Code: ---ac_add_options --enable-system-hunspell

--- End code ---
to my .mozconfig.sm file.
Thunderbird and Firefox do use it. Currently I'm not aware of anything else using hunspell.

Edit, Sm actually uses the intree version of hunspell so it is in xul.dll.

xynixme:

--- Quote from: Dave Yeo on January 22, 2019, 06:54:56 pm ---Thunderbird and Firefox do use it. Currently I'm not aware of anything else using hunspell.

Edit, Sm actually uses the intree version of hunspell so it is in xul.dll.
--- End quote ---
It was a technical requirement of FF and/or SM indeed, but without "dictionary files" I doubt it does anything that's meaningful. So AFAICT it just has to be loadable. Well, and maybe return "NO" when SM queries if Russian is an installed "dictionary".

IOW: I've got the DLL, but no files like hunspell-ru-0_99g5-1_oc00.zip.

Later I may try to mark the other mentioned DLLs of your high loadable DLL list as high, like the larger ICUDT.DLL.

BTW, so far no more rather rare SYS2070s with e.g. SMTURBO.EXEs if that's the only xxxTURBO.EXE in use. Often the other one in use was MOZTURO.EXE. I'll reduce the number of xxTURBO.EXEs in use per system to 1, the best match for that system.

Dave Yeo:
Well, with SM, it'll use the profile installed dictionary just like previous versions. You're probably right with FF and TB.
I added LIBPATHSTRICT to my xxturbo's and they can co-exist. The original mozturbo doesn't have this and would need wrapping in a script to set LIBPATHSTRICT and BEGINLIBPATH if you want it to coexist with my builds.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version