OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Games

Tetris-like game

<< < (2/6) > >>

Silvan Scherrer:

--- Quote from: Rick C. Hodgin on January 16, 2019, 10:45:26 pm ---
--- Quote from: Silvan Scherrer on January 16, 2019, 05:35:05 pm ---imho this is really a waste of time, as we have already a lot Tetris like games. See http://trac.netlabs.org/qtapps/wiki/QT4%20Games

--- End quote ---

I appreciate your guidance.  I'm asking for your best advice, Silvan ... should I abandon the project?

--- End quote ---

In my opinion yes. But YMMV

RickCHodgin:

--- Quote from: Silvan Scherrer on January 17, 2019, 12:02:58 pm ---
--- Quote from: Rick C. Hodgin on January 16, 2019, 10:45:26 pm ---
--- Quote from: Silvan Scherrer on January 16, 2019, 05:35:05 pm ---imho this is really a waste of time, as we have already a lot Tetris like games. See http://trac.netlabs.org/qtapps/wiki/QT4%20Games

--- End quote ---

I appreciate your guidance.  I'm asking for your best advice, Silvan ... should I abandon the project?

--- End quote ---

In my opinion yes. But YMMV

--- End quote ---

Being as you know nothing about me, my project, my goals, really anything about me personally, but only as some random person over the Internet ... I'm curious, what is your reasoning in providing this guidance as your best advice?  How do you conclude it's the best path I could take?  I am serious in asking.

roberto:
I want to try it, but where can I download it?
 I understand that it can be executed in win3.11 with the current os2?

Dave Yeo:
Silvan probably thinks you're just reinventing the wheel, rather then inventing something new, which is sort of true but its your time to do what you like with.

Doug Bissett:

--- Quote ---Being as you know nothing about me, my project, my goals, really anything about me personally, but only as some random person over the Internet ... I'm curious, what is your reasoning in providing this guidance as your best advice?  How do you conclude it's the best path I could take?  I am serious in asking.
--- End quote ---

We know, that you are on a mission to replace OS/2 with something else. We also know that you aren't interested in helping to keep the current OS/2 viable, long enough for you to create whatever it is that you think you are creating, so even if you succeed, there may be no users left to make use of your work. Meanwhile, there are a small group of people (Silvan, and Dave, among them), busting their backsides, trying to keep OS/2 actually working. They seem to be losing the race, and could use all of the help that anybody is willing to give them. So far, you talk the big talk, but a tetris game, for another OS, doesn't make the cut. You could be doing something more useful, like making a Bluetooth driver, doing IPV6 support, a dump program that will dump the full memory space, to disks that are larger than 500 MB, or any one of a hundred other things that would help to keep OS/2 actually working in today's world. Pick things that can be useful to your project, sometime in the future, but can also be useful in the real world today. You may learn a few things about how OS/2 works, along the way.

It is frustrating for those of us who are trying to keep OS/2 alive, to see someone, who supposedly knows what he is doing, waste valuable development time creating another copy of an old game for some other OS. However, as Dave points out, it is your time, so do with it as you please.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version