Author Topic: Firefox 45.9 XUL.DLL error  (Read 2793 times)

Dave Yeo

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 149
    • View Profile
Re: Firefox 45.9 XUL.DLL error
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2019, 02:49:18 am »
It's an OOM (out of memory) trap. Notice the CPU instructions,
Code: [Select]
15753F5D  INT 3                        (cc)
15753F5E >NOP                          (90)

Mozilla put in a breakpoint (INT 3) for certain out of memory scenarios.
Hmm, actually, this is different from the usual OOM handler, this is a watchdog thread that'll issue a breakpoint if the browser hangs during shutdown. Seems that it still might be a memory leak or such. You might still have a file, ShutdownDuration.json or ShutdownDuration.json.tmp in your profile with info about what actually happened.
My guess is that video playback stopped due to out of memory condition and the browser hung during shutdown for similar reason and the watchdog thread killed it.

BTW, you should install the debug packages for NSPR4, libc and libcx

OS4User

• Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2019, 07:05:53 am »
I spoke too soon Dave.  I had a trap, but it did not crash FF.  It just would not play any more youtube video until I closed it and restarted it.  I attached the trap.  It was the XUL.DLL  This was with the OS/2 kernel with the FFPentium.

Now to see if the OS/4 kernel crashes with the FFSandybridge.

Dave,

I see this trap  from time to time on my comp. It is described in  https://github.com/bitwiseworks/mozilla-os2/issues/243

David Graser

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2019, 10:39:23 am »
I must say that all the 49.5.0 FF versions are all pretty stable.  After OS2User asked me to watch CPU loads while watching videos, I can definitely state that the OS/4 kernel does a much better job when playing video.  I am now back to the OS/4 partition and will stay there  to see what kind of trap if any I can produce with the OS/4 kernel, the FFSandyBridge, and the AVX dlls.  It has yet to trap, but that is what I said about the other until it finally trapped.  I am finally enjoying using the internet under ArcaOS.  Only have to go to Windows to watch Netflix or Amazon Prime Video.

There is one thing I have noticed about FF.  When watching video, the sound cannot be controlled except by the operating system volume controller.  The sound volume cannot be adjusted on the video itself.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 12:23:48 pm by David Graser »

David Graser

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2019, 12:53:53 pm »
While using my OS/2 partition and FFPentium, I had one more trap which this time closed the browser.  Have attached the trap.

David Graser

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2019, 04:37:39 am »
While using the OS/2 kernel, the FFPentium 45.9.0, and noAVX libs, I had a strange trap.

Dave Yeo

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 149
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2019, 04:51:16 am »
It's much the same as usual, pldhashtable and fonts.