Author Topic: Firefox 45.9 XUL.DLL error  (Read 30522 times)

R.M. Klippstein

• View Profile
Re: Firefox 45.9 XUL.DLL error
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2019, 03:20:34 am »
Hey Dave, It'll probably be a couple of days before I can get back to you. Gotta go to the hospital (heart Problems) for some tests!
Thanks for the help.

klipp

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2019, 03:40:29 am »
Hope it goes well for you

Andi B.

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2019, 08:32:12 am »
I had the psprint problem on one of my systems too. It was with the latest Seamonkey. In the end I uninstalled some printers and got it working.

Before I tried different ps drivers too without success. Copied them over from a working system did not work too. Think I used the pr...exe comming with pmfax(?) to delete the queues and drivers until SM was happy. I guess my printer installations where messed up badly. Though I had > 6 printers installed which I didn't even owned at that time with different queues and.... So cleaning up this mess was not a bad idea anyway.

R.M. Klippstein

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2019, 01:06:14 am »
Hi Dave, I'm finally back, they put three more "stents" in my heart! Aagghhh!  Yesterday I got back to trying to make Firefox 45.9 once again work, no luck. I gave up went to bed. This morning I got up and went back to work and all 4 machines were waiting for me with Air-Boot waiting for my command (Lost electricity during the night!) I booted up and now Firefox 45.9 works fine?¿?¿ Can't explaine it, Guess best blame it on Mexican electricity here. The voltage here does periodically vary from 105 volts to 130 volts.
Thanks for your assistance once again.
Now I'm back to trying to make DropBox work once again, it worked a couple of years ago but now its back to the "no token found" error.

klipp

David Graser

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2019, 01:19:42 am »
ArcaOS 5.03
OS/2 kernel
45.9.0 FFPentium

I have had several traps while doing all this testing.  I have attached two trap messages.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 01:50:51 am by David Graser »

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2019, 03:05:04 am »
Hi David, the first and third trps are familiar. I think that Mozilla keeps a list of fonts, perhaps including attributes and other stuff in the pldhashtable and now and again it gets corrupted,perhaps by something weird in a font, perhaps for some other reason. I don't have the skills to say much more then that.
They seem to happen here perhaps once a month on average, they'll be a couple within days and then no more for a couple of months. I've seen it in SeaMonkey and Thunderbird. Something to live with I guess.

The middle one, 0048_23.trp, is one I've never seen. Our TCIP stack seems to have had a problem looking up a host name, possibly netflix or something netflix loads.  Not sure if caused by FF passing corrupted data or what. Hopefully it is a one time thing.
Are you using a hosts file to block ads? If so, you might want to review it for any weird characters.

David Graser

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2019, 04:33:39 am »
Hi David, the first and third trps are familiar. I think that Mozilla keeps a list of fonts, perhaps including attributes and other stuff in the pldhashtable and now and again it gets corrupted,perhaps by something weird in a font, perhaps for some other reason. I don't have the skills to say much more then that.
They seem to happen here perhaps once a month on average, they'll be a couple within days and then no more for a couple of months. I've seen it in SeaMonkey and Thunderbird. Something to live with I guess.

Dave, I know on one of my partitions I use the patch

http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/download/pub/os2/system/patches/PMFIX.zip

FIX1: SYS3171 (Stack Overflow) on PMSHELL.EXE and others. FIX2: USING PM_SystemFonts->DefaultFont CHANGES ALL FORM SIZES

I cannot remember if I patched both ArcaOS partitions are not.  I will try to check tomorrow.  On the partition with the OS/4 kernel I am not seeing the traps.  FFsandybridge with the O4 kernel is running everything I throw at it, especially since I corrected the FFturbo.  It is on the other ArcaOS partition I am seeing the traps.  I may not have patched its PMShell.exe.  Will find out tomorrow.

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2019, 05:07:36 am »
Well Mozilla apps don't use any fonts that aren't true-type or  PS so probably not related to the FIX2. Mozilla does pull the font list from OS2.INI so perhaps the patch has something to do with it.
Interesting that you're getting no crashes with the OS4 kernel.
As for ffturbo, its function is mostly to work around a bug in the OS/2 kernel that is fixed in the OS4 kernel (not releasing high memory when closing the app) though it will still help prevent fragmentation where you end up with only small memory holes. I'd assume the OS4 kernel has other bug fixes that may prevent those trps. Wish I was more knowledgeable :)

David Graser

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2019, 07:22:05 am »
Dave, I copied the patched PMMerge.dll fom my OS/4 partition to my OS/2 partition.  On this partition, I am using the OS/2 kernel with the FFPentium.  This is just preliminary, but the trapping has disappeared.  This is early, however, it did not take long to trap with the original PMMerge.dll.

David Graser

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2019, 04:45:16 pm »

The middle one, 0048_23.trp, is one I've never seen. Our TCIP stack seems to have had a problem looking up a host name, possibly netflix or something netflix loads.  Not sure if caused by FF passing corrupted data or what. Hopefully it is a one time thing.
Are you using a hosts file to block ads? If so, you might want to review it for any weird characters.
No more XUL.dll traps.  However, I had more traps with the tcpip32.dll.  Investigating I found that the tcpip32.dll are different for the ArcaOS partitions.

ArcaOS 5.03 dll is dated 2004 and the ArcaOS 5.02 is dated 2011.

It is the ArcaOS 5.03 dll that is crashing.  I have attached the traps and pic of the dlls.

Can someone with ArcaOS 5.03 check the date on their dll?  I don't recall changing this dll.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 04:51:57 pm by David Graser »

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2019, 05:02:06 pm »
Looks like somehow you have the original tcpip32.dll, which was not SMP safe. The 2011 one is patched for SMP.
Try replacing the DLL. Or update ACPI, which should update all the SMP unsafe stuff.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 05:05:53 pm by Dave Yeo »

David Graser

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2019, 05:20:22 pm »
Looks like somehow you have the original tcpip32.dll, which was not SMP safe. The 2011 one is patched for SMP.
Try replacing the DLL. Or update ACPI, which should update all the SMP unsafe stuff.

Thanks Dave.  Replaced it and now to continue to use and monitor the OS/2 partition.

OS4User

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2019, 05:32:18 pm »
I'd assume the OS4 kernel has other bug fixes that may prevent those trps. Wish I was more knowledgeable :)

OS/4 has quite a lot of different bug fixes and rewritten parts. It's very difficult to say which bug fixes have prevented those traps.

David Graser

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2019, 11:13:05 pm »

I have been extensively testing the FFPentium with the OS/2 kernel.  Since I have patched the PMMerge.dll and corrected the tcpip32.dll, this system appears to be trap free.  I will continue to test and monitor since you and others have stated that it may go days or weeks before a trap appears.

The other partition with the OS/4 kernel and the FFSandybridge with the AVX libs continues to operate trap free.  Again, this partition is also using the patched PMMerge.dll.

This is also using the FFturbo.exe on both partitions also.

Try as I might, I cannot get the FFPentium brower to trap.  I have gone to every site that has trapped it before and others numerous times, repeatedly shut it down and restarted, and the thing just won't trap.

David
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 12:28:33 am by David Graser »

David Graser

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2019, 02:03:44 am »
I spoke too soon Dave.  I had a trap, but it did not crash FF.  It just would not play any more youtube video until I closed it and restarted it.  I attached the trap.  It was the XUL.DLL  This was with the OS/2 kernel with the FFPentium.

Now to see if the OS/4 kernel crashes with the FFSandybridge.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 02:40:34 am by David Graser »